1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Wow, new Kindle for Android Tablet

Just downloaded the latest release/upgrade. Wow.

ROM
    Cyanogen mod 7 (DInc)

I agree. Awesome!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

I really like the improvements. Responds much better and love the book list now.

I agree too...love the update.....really colorful and easy to navigate

Sigh. They really need to have a two page layout on landscape. Also, I have some books that doesn't show correctly when viewing it in landscape (caption was on the next page)... WTF.

Oh well, better than no update...

Like the new book list view and larger font sizes, but when I switch to landscape mode the book page stays in portrait.

This is not due to the update cause I had the same issue before I updated, any suggestions on how to resolve.

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    Like the new book list view and larger font sizes, but when I switch to landscape mode the book page stays in portrait.

This is not due to the update cause I had the same issue before I updated, any suggestions on how to resolve.
    Rotation lock? I know sometimes we forget...

Nope I already checked that.
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,409 Global Posts

I installed Kindle app earlier today, then noticed there was an update a few hours later. Never tried this app. Looks great, and I'm discovering a ton of free books!

It seems more difficult to read using landscape. Portrait is nice on the eyes, and the book store has a nice selection!

Quote Originally Posted by Visual360 View Post
    Sigh. They really need to have a two page layout on landscape. Also, I have some books that doesn't show correctly when viewing it in landscape (caption was on the next page)... WTF.

Oh well, better than no update...
    I agree it really needs the two page landscape mode

Global Posts
    991 Global Posts
    ROM
    Various

Quote Originally Posted by acegamer View Post
    +3. This is a very nice update though. Its actually usable in landscape now.

I still prefer the nook app with the nice fancy page turn animations and easy epub sideloading

This is a very nice app. It doesn't have the visual bells and whistles that the google book application has, but once you start reading the eye candy becomes irrelevant.

Anyone else having trouble side loading books after the update.

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts

I still prefer the nook app. Even with its occasional oddities, its still better - landscape works, and sideloading works as well.

Is there any way to undo the update? While the new list of books is nice and all, the font is now so large it nearly unreadable. I have to use the smallest font just to get a reasonable number of characters on screen, landscape OR portrait.

Global Posts
    1,117 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Hmmm how does this compare to the Galaxy Tab, better specs for a hundred or two more.

Sent from my Xoom
    Devices: Samsung Nexus S 4.0.1(alpha, of course), Samsung Vibrant 2.3.5 CM7 w/ Glitch Kernel v13, broken HTC Dream, and a Google Cr-48 with Ubuntu 11.10

Quote Originally Posted by acegamer View Post
    Yeah, it needs two-page landscape mode.