Ok, a question I have been struggling with. Need avice.

bitsbite

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Been an Android fan and user for some time now. Own an HTC Incredible and a Xoom with 3g/4g. I have a quandry for which I would welcome some input from this group.

I am due for a phone upgrade. Have loved my Incredible but now with the Xoom am really wondering why I need to upgrade to 4g on my phone or even upgrade the phone. I now use the Xoom for many things that I did with the Incredible (gps, e-mail, bar code reader etc.). 3g works fine for what I need the phone for now, mostly texting (teenage daugthers) and phone work. Wondering if it might make sense to just get a good 3g phone that has a good battery life (still a challenge with my Incredible) and use the Xoom for everything else. Anyone else struggling with this one?

Reactions: anon(20681)

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Been an Android fan and user for some time now. Own an HTC Incredible and a Xoom with 3g/4g. I have a quandry for which I would welcome some input from this group.

I am due for a phone upgrade. Have loved my Incredible but now with the Xoom am really wondering why I need to upgrade to 4g on my phone or even upgrade the phone. I now use the Xoom for many things that I did with the Incredible (gps, e-mail, bar code reader etc.). 3g works fine for what I need the phone for now, mostly texting (teenage daugthers) and phone work. Wondering if it might make sense to just get a good 3g phone that has a good battery life (still a challenge with my Incredible) and use the Xoom for everything else. Anyone else struggling with this one?

I was in the same shoes but actually have had to change up my work routine a little and it doesn't always make sense to bring the Xoom with me, so I fall back on my Evo. Since I got the Xoom I feel like I'm using android even more than I did just with the phone and think I'll be going the "other way" as I somewhat "patiently" await the Galaxy S 2.

How much do you use your dinc (great phone by the way, I love them) when you don't have your Xoom and do yourself being in a situation where a good phone backup would be a good idea?

wmoor004

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I am more than likely going to a feature phone. I use my Xoom in buisness meeting - My HTC Evo gets no love.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

bitsbite

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I used to use the dinc for everything. I travel extensively and used it more than any phone I have ever had. What I loved about it was the ability to only carry one thing (no Ipod, no gps. When I bought the Xoom, the only thing I really do now on the dinc is texting and phone. I haven't quite gotten to replace my laptop with the Xoom but, once the office type products catch up, I will probably get a keyboard and make my laptop my new desktop. So....

Complex Pants

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I Would wait and see what the dual core phones bring in the way of battery life. In theory they should have better battery life since they don't have to run at as high clock speeds all of the time.