1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question xoom dark screen on side

OK just got my xoom 5 days Ago and have not had a prob. But now when I touch the lower right where the clock and battery indicator are it opens up and the hole screen goes black on the side where the clock is. Even when I rotate the screen it follows only on the side where the clock is. Does anyone have this prob. Here is a pic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails xoom dark screen on side-img00203-20110421-2030.jpg  

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Mine does something similar but not as black

Sent from my Super-Xoom
    Infinity Pad & Galaxy Nexus=

Default Black side of screen

This is normal for the honeycomb operating system. It is the way the notifications "app" works.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Does it do it when you touch the clock also? Can you post a pic of your?

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

if you look at some youtube videos of the XOOM it seems to be normal. Special effect of Honeycomb.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

it did not do it for the first 5 day. I have been going to the clock to access the wifi setting from day one and did not see that till now. And when your screen goes black you tend to notice.
    Droiderator

ROM
    Bugless Nexus

Mine does it. Always did. Not a issue I don't think.
    xoom dark screen on side-uploadfromtaptalk1303438199640.jpg

Sent by Xoom

Global Posts
    561 Global Posts

Mine does it too. If you change your brightness to highest, it will be less black (almost transparent). And if you change your brightness to lowest, it will be almost black (like in your picture). It's normal.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

ok thanks I feel better now others have the same thing! Thank you all for the help

Yup, same here. It's normal.
    ** Superhero **

Global Posts
    2,017 Global Posts

Its an affect. There is nothing wrong with your Xoom.
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

lol. Its alright bud. Totally normal. Its a feature of Honeycomb. They souldnt of made it like that though lol
    Just swapped out the Xoom Tablet for an IPhone. I never ever thought I would get an IPhone. Im currently eating my words. Apple has a lot going on here....Im loving both platforms.

Just got my xoom yesterday and it,s already doing it

Global Posts
    2,343 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7/MazWoz on Evo

Quote Originally Posted by freddofrog View Post
    Just got my xoom yesterday and it,s already doing it

Try reading more than the original post.....

Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post

Try reading more than the original post.....
    lmao

Haha.. shows doesn't it.

Unfortunately I don't put up with crap like this, the dodgy screen that is. If I had a 1 day old phone/tv/monitor/ etc i'd also be returning it asking for another one. No way anyone would have designed the screen to function like it currently does.

Global Posts
    2,343 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7/MazWoz on Evo

Quote Originally Posted by freddofrog View Post
    Haha.. shows doesn't it.

Unfortunately I don't put up with crap like this, the dodgy screen that is. If I had a 1 day old phone/tv/monitor/ etc i'd also be returning it asking for another one. No way anyone would have designed the screen to function like it currently does.
    I am going to reiterate what others have posted. The screen is not malfunctioning. When you open up the notifications tab it puts this black glow/shadow around the pop up. It makes it look like the screen is darker, but it just placing focus on the pop up. It is a normal function of honeycomb. It was designed to do this.

So by that logic that means for the first day I had it before it started doing this it was faulty straight out of the box. Either way there is an issue.

Doesn't matter. I have spoken directly to motorola tech support and they have confirmed what I thought, ie that it is faulty and i should take it back to the retailer and get a new one. Sweet!

You don't really read what people are saying, do you? Even the Motorola tech support must have decided it would be easier to pander to you then break through your considerable logic barrier.

Sent from my DROIDX
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Simonbarsinistr View Post
    You don't really read what people are saying, do you? Even the Motorola tech support must have decided it would be easier to pander to you then break through your considerable logic barrier.
    No no no. He's right. He just needs to put it back in the box he pulled it out from, and take it right on back to the store. I bet that'd solve quite a few issues.

It's a UI effect. If it appears and disappears with a touch of a button, it's obviously an intended feature. Some people sure have a warped sense of logic. It never occurred to me from day one that the darkening of the screen is some kind of fault. If the darkening doesn't go away, then you have cause for worry.

Sheesh you might as well ask why the app drawer fades in and out in a 3d effect.

hehe, sorry but thats kinda funny u actually thought that was a problem. i remember first time i hit settings menu and was like ;;cool!;; . i like that effect of honycomb. ur good bro nothing wrong there,lol.

No my bad. I've just accepted it and moved on. The fact that it wasn't doing it earlier was probably from me just not noticing it