Live Wallpapers

jmg1975

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Anyone find that live wallpapers bog the Xoom down and greatly hinder performance? I found this is an issue even with the pre-loaded live wallpapers that came with the device. Kind of a disappointment considering the Xoom's specs. It is too bad because live wallpapers are a great way to show off the device. More so on a tablet than on an Android phone.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

andxoomy

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I have been using live wall paper from day one and my xoom performs great. I use the live weather from beautiful widgets. Maybe it depends on witch wall paper your using,I didn't try any others yet.

andxoomy

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
yes I do run widgets as well but I only have email updating on my main sreen.the other widgets are on another screen because they take up so much room.not sure if they are active unless I swipe over to that screen but they are live when I get there.

gregg37

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
It depends on the Live Wallpaper. I find some do bog down the Xoom, and some run perfectly. It's probably an app by app optimization issue that will clear up as developers mess around with Honeycomb more.

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Anyone find that live wallpapers bog the Xoom down and greatly hinder performance? I found this is an issue even with the pre-loaded live wallpapers that came with the device. Kind of a disappointment considering the Xoom's specs. It is too bad because live wallpapers are a great way to show off the device. More so on a tablet than on an Android phone.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Yes I have found that to be the case as well. So I am not using the live ones. It was not terribly noticeable in the overall operation, but I found when scrolling across the home screens, there was more of a lag when the live WP's were running. With a simple stationary wallpaper it was a little snappier. I think this just might be the nature of live wallpapers though, because when scrolling across screens, it must continually update the screens' background as you are scrolling them.

thegunslinger1

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
It depends on the Live Wallpaper. I find some do bog down the Xoom, and some run perfectly. It's probably an app by app optimization issue that will clear up as developers mess around with Honeycomb more.

I completely agree, it all depends on the LWP, some run for day without any issue, some bog it down, but they all look so cool, so when my Xoom gets a little slow I just change the LWP and I am back up and running.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87