TweetComb -- A Twitter client optimized for your Honeycomb tablet

Chris Stewart

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
TweetComb is a Twitter client designed and created exclusively for the Android Honeycomb platform. TweetComb gives you a tablet-friendly view of your Twitter timeline, mentions, direct messages, and more.

Market Link: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.chriswstewart.twitter

Features of TweetComb:

-- Interact with Twitter in a tablet-friendly way with the only Twitter experience designed for Honeycomb.
-- Read your timeline, mentions, and direct messages with three distinct fragments. Each fragment interacts with Twitter for updates independent of the others.
-- When new tweets arrive, TweetComb will alert you with an audio clip.
-- TweetComb gives you an easy way to use and switch between multiple Twitter accounts.
-- From an individual tweet, you can reply, retweet, share, favorite, and send a direct message.
-- Quickly send status updates with full support for cut/copy/paste.
-- Support for sending and replying to direct messages inside the app.
-- TweetComb can be shared to from other apps such as the browser, Newsr, and others.

If you have any feature requests, questions, comments, need support, or want to provide feedback please email me at support@locomolabs.com. Stay up to date with all of the apps from Locomo Labs by visiting:

Web: Locomo Labs
Twitter: Locomo Labs (locomolabs) on Twitter
Facebook: Locomo Labs | Facebook

Last edited:
Reactions: abc623

Daniel0418

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Trying it out now. Sucks its paid since it is the only one, but if it is good you deserve the money since your first to bring the honeycomb app. Ill give my thoughts in this thread as soon as I'm done playing with it.

jmunster

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Great start, just what we have been needing for the Xoom. How about adding the ability to customize the columns? Would like to be able to add hash tag searches as a column.

Thanks!

Droid-Steve

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Finally! I have your News app as well and I love it. I've been anxiously awaiting a Honeycomb Twitter app and this is exactly what we needed. Both apps were well worth the $2.99, keep up the great work, I'm looking forward to the continued updates.

Steve

Liberati0n

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Another thing to add is RSS columns, I know you made Newsr and all, but you could do really great with Tweetcomb if you make it very feature rich.

rmmorse81

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Flip widget as in what the CNN widget does? What would you want displayed, recent tweets? Mentions? Other?

Exactly... like the Cnn or youtube app. and it would be recent tweets. Basically your own twitter feed. You would no doubt get a bunch of sales with a nice looking widget like that. Drop in a nice honeycombish dark background to the widget (maybe white text) and you are golden man.

Daniel0418

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Okay after a while of use. I really enjoy the app. Add autocaps back to the app after periods. And add all these options others are saying as well. Oh and make it so tapping a tweet in a timeline brings up the options like tweet, reply, retweet. Long press is cumbersome and doesn't need to be there. A tap is fine.

kev0153

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Maybe a few features like the twitter phone app like sliding across a tweet gives you options to retweet view account etc.... tapping on a tweet gives you a ?larger version? that lets you preview pics. Customized columns, maybe the option to hide the trend line, never use it.

Thanks food the great app

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi Chris, not a bad start but I think it still has some ways to go. The layout is great. The tweets need an option for re-tweeting with a comment and when replying to a tweet with a hash tag it would be nice if it was included. I didn't see a report for spam button but may have missed it. I think there should be an easy way to get to your saved searches on twitter.

A widget is definitely needed, I suggest you take a look at tweetcaster for some functional ideas as far as handling tweets. I think if you allowed the columns to scroll horizontally and be customized it'd be pretty awesome for saved searches or on the fly ones. A widget where a user can pick what tweets are displayed would give you a leg up. Especially if its sized for honeycomb.

I think you're on the start of something really good here, keep it up!

Edit: integration with twitpic, bit.ly, twitvid, etc.

Chris Stewart

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback and support everyone. Just like Newsr, this is very much a work in progress. I have a whole page of items in my Google Doc wish list, and I'll get to them all. I look at all of my apps as an iterative thing. I like to hit a certain set of features for 1.0 and then iterate like crazy from feedback I get, which is great because it helps me understand your needs and prioritize them accurately.

Lots to come, and you wont be disappointed. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21