Moto Xoom running slow

afolgueira

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Is it just me or this is normal,
I notice that my 1 month old xoom is running pretty slow, sometimes the back and home icons don't respond, applications take a lot of time to open, even Google's own application such as GMAIL.

My evo with leaked GB feels like it is 20 times faster.

Any idea how to fix this problem?

Thanks

Al :'(

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
How often do you reboot your Xoom? Especially running non optimized Honeycomb apps, you will have to reboot often. At least once a day.

Are you running any non-stock live wallpapers? This can cause problems as well.

Good luck! Lets hope ypur Xoom starts to zoom!

Maikai.Guy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, reboot can't hurt.

Someone suggested "1 Tap Cleaner" on another forum. They said it worked well.
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.a0soft.gphone.acc.free&feature=search_result

I saved a link to it... just in case. ;-)

Luckily, we have not had any problems with sluggishness, but we are careful about what we load. If there's a force close, that app is cleared and uninstalled and the system is rebooted immediately! We have three units in the house (mine, my wife's and my 16 year old son's) and so far, they are all running great.

There are a few apps that we used on our phones which don't work so well on the XOOM, but we found replacements. In fact, the replacements we find are often much better than what we were using. ;-) So far (knock on wood) there are no apps we needed on our phones that were unable to run or be replaced on our XOOMs.

lobobuzz

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I haven't experienced slowness or performance issues with my Xoom. I recharge the battery every other night with the Xoom off. Good luck!

afolgueira

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
i'm not rebooting the xoom every day, thsts a good idea.
Im also running a live wallpaper so that just add to the slowness. Thanks for your tips

strudel#AC

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
You probably don't want to go through what I did but it took care of my performance issues and then some :)

The performance of my Xoom was getting frustrating to say the least. Constant force closes, the need to reboot multiple times a day and webpages taking forever to load.

I decided my Xoom needed a fresh start. I had been downloading and installing anything and everything since the day I got my Xoom and that is probably why it was running so poorly.

I decided since I was wiping my Xoom anyway I would root it and overclock it at the same time.

The difference in performance is shocking to say the least. Everything is so much faster and more responsive. Stability has improved dramatically. A large part of the perormance improvement was overclocking but a large part may also have been eliminating my large collection of apps that may or may not play nicely with honeycomb.