Recommended Xoom Stand: $13 Arkon folding stand. I Love it

acozzens

Apr 4, 2011
www.booyagadget.com
I was surfing around and stumbled on the Arkon Folding stand from Amazon.

I can tell you that for $13 I use it daily, and I love it.
At least until a quality Xoom-specific Case/Stand comes out.

The price is great, this thing folds to a nice compact size and is easily stored in a backpack etc. I use it at home and always bring it wherever I go.

Again, it's $13 and works great for my Xoom!
Here's a full set of 22 pics of this thing at my flickr page.

and here's some one off helpful shots! Let me know what you think... but I recommend this..

Arkon Portable Fold-Up Stand for Apple iPad, Galaxy Tab, BlackBerry Play Book by BooyaGadget, on Flickr

Arkon Portable Fold-Up Stand for Apple iPad, Galaxy Tab, BlackBerry Play Book by BooyaGadget, on Flickr

acozzens

Apr 4, 2011
www.booyagadget.com
Is out possible to use with a case? I mean, if I have for example the Xoom with the portfolio case on it am I still able to use the stand?

Unfortunately, I don't have a case yet.
But it certainly works well with the GelCase as the pictures indicate.

Like many others I'm waiting for a case from amazon.com.

It's really about space. how thick is your portfolio case etc.
Despite my gelcase, this stand still has a little room. So my knee jerk is YES, but that is an ignorant statement without an actual portfolio case deployed on my device.

Problem is that the case I've ordered has a stand built in. So this is an option for people before case or if they're not into portfolio style cases then this is an excellent $13 option.

Hope this gives some perspective. Maybe someone else is rocking a true case already, but from my shopping experience there's just not many good dedicated Xoom cases YET.

AC

jnewell

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I bought one of these. It is an incredibly good design, very well made, and at $13 from Amazon it is a huge bargain. The guys who invented this and got it into production deserve to sell millions of them. Unfortunately, there aren't that many people out there to sell them to!!! :D

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Wow.. you guys actually have them! Glad to hear you like them! I ordered mine about 3 weeks ago from Amazon and then the boneheads send me an email that it should ship sometime between end of May and July!!! :-(

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I bought one of these. It is an incredibly good design, very well made, and at $13 from Amazon it is a huge bargain. The guys who invented this and got it into production deserve to sell millions of them. Unfortunately, there aren't that many people out there to sell them to!!! :D

Hmm yeah and apparently they cant even keep up with that demand. :/
I am wanting to cancel my order and see if I can find one like this elsewhere. Anyone see them anywhere other than Amazon??

jnewell

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
When I ordered mine from Amazon, the first seller that came up was not Amazon and it had a 2-3 week delivery time. I bored down a bit and found one sold by Amazon for about $0.50 more and it shipped the same day.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Nice. Im about to get this joker for 5 bucks. Its nice to have it as a stand sitting on like your desk. But I dont know how the typing expierence on it will be.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Nice. Im about to get this joker for 5 bucks. Its nice to have it as a stand sitting on like your desk. But I dont know how the typing expierence on it will be.

It's sturdy, you can put pressure on it and use it normally. The top support is adjustable so depending upon the angle you have it at, it's more sturdy, that being said, even with the top of the Xoom only using the bottom half of the top support it's still fine to work with.

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante