New XOOM update tomorrow....:-)

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
The BT mouse feature is a good one.

Using a BT keyboard but then reaching up to touch the screen seemed a little awkward the one time I tried out a keyboard.

-Suntan

Jonno

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm interested in this line: "View and import pictures from digital cameras with Picture Transfer Protocol."

I wonder if a USB OTG cable adapter will be officially sold to support this feature.

scooterman1

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
NO mention of enabling the SD card slot. What is the problem with Motorola/Google? If, XDA can enable it, I'm missing something. Maybe they need to hire more expertise!

Sent from my Android HTC EVO 4G via Sprint.

siscim23

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
NO mention of enabling the SD card slot. What is the problem with Motorola/Google? If, XDA can enable it, I'm missing something. Maybe they need to hire more expertise!

Sent from my Android HTC EVO 4G via Sprint.

Sure it's enabled, but there are still plenty of bugs that Moto/Google wouldn't want to release with their fix.

LynnL

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm interested in this line: "View and import pictures from digital cameras with Picture Transfer Protocol."

I wonder if a USB OTG cable adapter will be officially sold to support this feature.

If such a feature would work with cameras, is there any reason you couldn't just plug in a regular flash drive?

coolpher

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I can't wait for tomorrows update but...

But I can't wait for The LTE 4G upgrade the 90 days from launch window is almost here lets hope Motorola and Google keep to there word

crashybear

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Dang it - my Xoom has around 3Gb free space left - I was very much hoping to get the SD card enabled with the next update so I can use my 32Gb, still-in-the-packaging microsd card.

Just wow. Motorola and Google take the crown for weirdness of 2011.

Jonno

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
If such a feature would work with cameras, is there any reason you couldn't just plug in a regular flash drive?

True. I also prefer a card reader for transferring photos from my CF and SD cards. However I was thinking of the iPad camera connection kit. Comes with a [iPad to USB] or [iPad to card] adapter. Reviews: Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit | iLounge

This looks to be the equivalent on the Xoom. But how are they expecting customer to interface to a micro USB slot? Could this be USB Host feature masquerading as a photo transfer feature?

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Does the mention of application storage errors mean that some of the memory leaks we have been fighting are being plugged?