Is it just me? Weird corky things with the xoom

FrankTheTank

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I am wondering if anyone else has noticed these things:

1. Browser is setup in desktop mode but still shows some mobile versions of websites? I have cleared my cookies and cache and set the UA string properly.

2. Music player or other apps seem to open randomly. I was at a business meeting the other day and heard music coming from my bag. It was my xoom music player. I know for a fact I did not have it running when I turned it off. Isn't the screen lock supposed to prevent this? Is there a physical button on the unit that would turn this on?

3. Apps show "waiting to install" after I try to download them. It seems frozen in that state so I have to exit out of the market and re-enter it before the "install" button shows.

4. Anyone use blogspot? When I am typing a blog post, there are tiny buttons that allow you to insert a photo or video clip. The browser does not let you use these buttons and if you double tap them, it closes the browser?

All in all I love the Xoom (I also have an ipad) but it seems very beta and buggy to me.

tjubb

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I get the 'waiting to install" quite a bit on installing apps. Not sure what that's all about but attempting to install a 2nd time seems to work.

strudel#AC

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed number 3 quite a bit. Hitting the back button to go back one screen and trying to install the app again usually works. Browsing/installing from the web-based market work flawlessly every time so I am using the web-based market more and more.

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
1 and 3 for me, root with Cybertronic p6, but I fixed one, you can fix it too if you are rooted, here give me a sec let me grab a link on a thread

Fix for number one( Please note that you MUST be rooted, this is a permanent fix):

http://forum.androidcentral.com/860856-post22.html

Sent from my Xoom

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11