Adobe Flash Update

timeinert

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Flash Player has finally been updated to version 10.2.157.51, and now includes hardware acceleration and enhanced browser integration for Honeycomb! I received the update on the market app on my Xoom, but the Flash Player 10.2 page has not been changed yet. I am going to play some videos on the stock browser and see if the improvements are substantial. Lets hope that this is the full version of Flash that we have been waiting for!

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Hm, flash update, huge DRM update and HDCP update...

is anyone else thinking what I'm thinking?

timeinert, welcome to AC!

edit: I think I read somewhere recently that YouTube will also be offering a VOD service similar to NetFlix. (just want to get the fire up a bit)

Last edited:

timeinert

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I am reading through the release notes for the Flash update, and at first it said that hardware acceleration and the enhanced browser integration required Android 3.1, but now it is saying that it requires "an upcoming release of Android 3." This is very interesting, but I hope it means that this Xoom update is coming very soon.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Flash Player has finally been updated to version 10.2.157.51, and now includes hardware acceleration and enhanced browser integration for Honeycomb! I received the update on the market app on my Xoom, but the Flash Player 10.2 page has not been changed yet. I am going to play some videos on the stock browser and see if the improvements are substantial. Lets hope that this is the full version of Flash that we have been waiting for!

Give some of the AmazonVOD videos a try.

They usually have free previews for the movies if you do not have a prime account.

-Suntan

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Thank you Adobe! I had 8 (count em) crashes due to flash, hope this improves it.

Edit: It seems a bit faster and more stable but you still can't multi task with it (leave it in the background while you access the OS or accessing another tab, it goes on stand by, so I cannot listen to music videos while on the browser.)

Still glad to see they are not done with it.

Sent from my Xoom

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Thank you Adobe! I had 8 (count em) crashes due to flash, hope this improves it.

Sent from my Xoom

It should, it will take a lot away from software rendering flash content, so it really should be sweet, and the browser should feel "lighter" when running flash. Which uh, if you were ever on those sites that have multiple videos listed in one place, well, it should be smoother scrolling :)

dieselnyc

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site

Where can I find the update?

timeinert

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
only see 10.2.156 in the market

Under the My Apps section of the market (on the xoom itself), it said that that I had an update for Flash Player. It updated fine, but when I when I pressed the "see details" button, Flash was still listed as 10.2.156, and made no mention of an update. This often happens to me when the app update has just been released. It seems to take a while for the market page to get update. I would check "My Apps" (the button for this is on the top right on the market homepage, and you might get the update there.

Arun01

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Mine works a lot better there is even an option now in the browser on youtube to select 360,480,720 or 1080p video option now :)

erzhik

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
It says no "hardware acceleration" until new update. But when launching movie in rock player, "hardware acceleration" button is now clickable. So does it or does it not work?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm