New beta Thumb Keyboard

Appelflap

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Mat be a dumb question, but... I use ThumbKey exclusively. I connect through an RDP to our office server. I get the predictions/suggestions, etc. when working locally, but when connected through to the server, I get none of the word suggestions/predictions. Do I have a setting turned off? Is it because I can't use it on the server? Otherwise, I love it and recommend it highly.

Do you have this problem with the beta version?
Can you try some alternative RDP clients? I don't know how the different RDP clients for android are handling text input, but if they mediate this through standard, native Android text fields, the prediction should work normally.

farwest

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I like the new features, but I'm apparently one of the few that don't care much about the word correction/suggestions (I am decent at spelling, so using it slows my typing way down as I am forced to take my eyes off the keyboard) - would prefer more individual customization options (to be able to make carte blanche changes would be ideal)

For example, I find myself pushing the period key rather than the spacebar on the 10" splitscreen version. I'd love to get rid of the most useless left shift key (I never use it on a full size keyboard either), move the return key up a row and the slide the period key in its place, which then allows the.space bar to be closer to the edge and my thumb. That one change would be the single greatest improvement as I wouldn't be constantly finding periods.between words rather than spaces and then having to go back and edit them out.

I'd also like the option to reverse the number pad and navigation keys - I use my right thumb/hand to navigate (habit from using full sized keyboards) and having to reach or retrain myself to use my left hand/thumb is something I don't want to do).

I had to uninstall the paid version to get the beta to load on my Transformer

Last edited:

rlyell

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Today, beta locked new out (beta expired), had to remove and now cannot get new beta to run and cannot find previous version on market. Now I'm lost without it.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk