Xoom now has it's own display at Best Buy

derekw68

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I was in my local Best Buy yesterday, and the Xoom was on display with all accessories. The display was set up like ipad. Now you can see it and not look all over for it.

reagan247

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
It's about time... granted most of the Best Buy staff are technologically clueless usually, but hopefully they'll sell some more and we'll get a bigger dev community out of it.

When I went to buy my Xoom, I knew what I was looking for. It still took about 15min to find the Xoom there and they didn't even have the WiFi version out on display so I had to ask for it, and no one knew what I was talking about. I had to pull up the Best Buy app to give them the SKU number to search they're inventory for it.

derekw68

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I was shocked that they had all accessories in stock now. My Best Buy is also a small store. Very happy to see some support in the stores. They had sales people playing with the Xoom, like they never have seen it before. When I bought mine they had no idea that they had them in stock.

mrboss23

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Motorola Xoom section finally at Best Buy

I happened to do my weekly best buy visit and finally seen a section devoted to the xoom which was close to the I pad section. Motorola is finally getting smart about the advertising of the xoom.

Reactions: Arun01

mrboss23

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Yes I was saying to myself the xoom is not positioned to sell in best buy because they had it in the net book section in the corner. Now it has its on booth and the Acer iconia is where the xoom used to be. Lol

Simonbarsinistr

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Just saw that myself yesterday. I went by the net book section and noticed the Xoom wasn't there. I explored out to the end of the aisle and was surprised to find a whole display set up for them.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Simonbarsinistr

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
It's about time... granted most of the Best Buy staff are technologically clueless usually, but hopefully they'll sell some more and we'll get a bigger dev community out of it.

When I went to buy my Xoom, I knew what I was looking for. It still took about 15min to find the Xoom there and they didn't even have the WiFi version out on display so I had to ask for it, and no one knew what I was talking about. I had to pull up the Best Buy app to give them the SKU number to search they're inventory for it.

I had almost the exact same experience!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk