How do i apply the update with a non-rooted device?

gcantrell

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, please bare with me here. Not new to android, but new to the Xoom. I've downloaded the 3.1 update and renamed it to update.zip in Astro. How do i apply this update. Im used to HTC devices. I am NOT rooted, nor do i have any interest in rooting at this time. I tried to power down and then press power and volume down and i'm stuck at the fastbooter screen. Whats the best way to set this up? all the other threads on here seem to be for people who are already rooted, so i just want to know the best way for a device that isn't rooted. Thanks in advance!

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, please bare with me here. Not new to android, but new to the Xoom. I've downloaded the 3.1 update and renamed it to update.zip in Astro. How do i apply this update. Im used to HTC devices. I am NOT rooted, nor do i have any interest in rooting at this time. I tried to power down and then press power and volume down and i'm stuck at the fastbooter screen. Whats the best way to set this up? all the other threads on here seem to be for people who are already rooted, so i just want to know the best way for a device that isn't rooted. Thanks in advance!

You'll need to have a usb thumb drive and USB on the go adapater, put the zip file on that, reboot in to recovery (tap power down when the red xoom logo is on the screen when it first boots, when it says "recovery" hit volume up), then go to install zip from usb storage.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance