1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Default 3.1 update zoom wifi

Just received 3.1 update build HMJ37 zoom wifi.
    So California
    Browser seems to run faster
    Flash 10.2
    Settings>storage. Much more detailed
    Settings>applications. More options
    Settings>location & security more options
    Have not tried a USB device yet
    Recent open applications have been expanded
    Android market does not have movies, as of now
    Google books updated
    No. Larger widget support.... assuming dev have not updated their Widgets

Please post the changes u have seen and where u are from to keep the anxious people satisfied.
    Thanked by:
    pbloyd 

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

Im SoCal no update here.

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

Just got my WiFi Xoom update too. Central PA here.

Kinda funny: I was tethered to my Incredible over WiFi when it downloaded.

I noticed that the WiFi indicator in the notification area now shows activity on it (little arros pointing up and down). I don't remember that being there before.
    LMO

ROM
    ICS | Jellybean

tcmeiss, were you rooted? I am in PA too and no update here yet.

~ Droid RAZR MAXX, Stock rooted ICS
    ~ Xoom Wi-fi: Stock rooted JB

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LMO View Post
    tcmeiss, were you rooted? I am in PA too and no update here yet.
    Nope. Bone stock here...
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,699 Global Posts

Your physical location has nothing to do with when you'll receive the update.

Just got my update this morning.....checking it out now.....:-)
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

Just got the update here this morning in NC. Noticed everything as you've posted. Resizing the Devs widgets would be nice to, I assume that has to be done on there end with the new SDK that was released.
    Just swapped out the Xoom Tablet for an IPhone. I never ever thought I would get an IPhone. Im currently eating my words. Apple has a lot going on here....Im loving both platforms.

no update here stock wifi, just did the date trick to check

question for those of you who are wifi only, i know you're not supposed to say but did you sign up for the motorola feedback network with your mac address for your xoom?
    Last edited by stonefeet; 05-12-2011 at 09:34 AM.

Global Posts
    257 Global Posts

This is ticking me off. 3g xoom here. Bought it on day 1...was the first one sold at my local Costco...still no update for me, yet people with wifi zooms that bought them last week have the update for 2 days already. No love for the early adopters I guess....

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

If someone who's received the update could respond to this one, that would be great. Here's my question: I know that the recent apps/running apps (as Google describes it) has been expanded to show more apps. Does this mean that the multitasking itself has been made more robust?

Here's a situation I'm running into on mine running 3.0.1. When I'm editing a document in QuickOffice or a note in Evernote, and I leave that app to run some number of other apps, eventually QO or EN will suspend or whatever Android does when it decides to do something with an app that's running in the background. I'm vague here because I haven't been able to make sense of it.

The problem is that just about when the app no longer shows up in the current Honeycomb recent apps list, when I hit the QO or EN icon to go "back" to the document or note I'm editing, it's entirely inconsistent what I'll get. EN most often opens to the home screen and the note that I'm editing is simply gone. With QO, sometimes it will open a blank document, sometimes the edited document but with changes from the last save gone, and every now and then the document I'm editing. I don't think it's just these two apps, because other apps demonstrate similar behavior if they involve open files.

I'm hoping that 3.1 actually makes background processing and perhaps suspending more predictable. Does it seem to do so at all?

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWu View Post
    This is ticking me off. 3g xoom here. Bought it on day 1...was the first one sold at my local Costco...still no update for me, yet people with wifi zooms that bought them last week have the update for 2 days already. No love for the early adopters I guess....

Starting to feel the same way.... if they are releading 'to vzw users first', dont you think the vzw customers should have it prior or at least same time as wifi?? ALOT of wifi units are getting ota (oti?) And still nothing g for a LOT of us on vzw!