Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default USB Host Cable

Seeing as 3.1 support micro USB host. Does anyone know of a reputable cable to order?

Doesn't any basic micro USB to USB cable work?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

What about plugging in a thumb drive and/or ps3 controller?
    Android Connaisseur

Global Posts
    2,698 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dillzz View Post
    What about plugging in a thumb drive and/or ps3 controller?
    Oh yeah, I guess you'd need a micro usb to mini usb cable or adapter...

I wonder if a usb hub would work because then you could just use your normal micro-to-regular usb cable and plug everything else into the hub...

I was surprised to find out they make micro thumb drives. Does anyone know what size exactly that we need? Some of the usb cables I have that I thought were micro usb won't fit.

ROM
    CyanogenMod 7 / CM#27

Quote Originally Posted by KoukiFC3S View Post
    I have purchased this. I can say that the micro-USB connector has a snug fit. When I have the Xoom in a stand I need to orient it upside down so this adapter sticks out upwards. Otherwise not enough clearance. Not sure if a dongle is able to clear the table for Xooms in a stand.

I do not have the 3.1 update yet so I cannot tell you how well it works. I can update the performance once USB Host works for me.

Has anyone successfully connected a USB mouse to Xoom running 3.1? Wanted to know before I go buy a cable and/or break my Xoom's USB port.

only place in usa that seems to have the host cable is motorola. The rest are ordered from China. The normal micro usb is a 4 wire cable and a host cable has 5. I made a host cable and I have plug a mouse and a keyboard in with no problem.

Really, another proprietary cable? I presume you mean this $20 cable.
    Camera Kit Adapter for MOTOROLA XOOM

Anyone made this work without the Motorola cable? Wiring diagram?

I found one on E-Bay from Korea or something like that...I bought 2 so I'd have a spare and spent $16...

The one bought lights up when USB Host is enabled on a device...its pretty cool and well built.

Micro USB Host/OTG Cable 4 Archos Home Tablet 7 /w LED | eBay
    Droid X (rooted Froyo) - Sticking with Froyo until someone figures out tethering on GB.
    Xoom Wifi - Rooted with BRD boot img and sporting one of his OC Kernels...

Quote Originally Posted by HoboDroid View Post
    Really, another proprietary cable? I presume you mean this $20 cable.
    Camera Kit Adapter for MOTOROLA XOOM

Anyone made this work without the Motorola cable? Wiring diagram?
    Anyone tried this on a Droid X?

Just tried one of the cheap ones off ebay from China (took a week to get here) with my Canon camera and works great! Gallery auto loads and asks what pictures I want to import. Can also scroll through and preview them as well.

-Mike
    Android Connaisseur

Global Posts
    2,698 Global Posts

Just got mine and it's working great.
    LMO

ROM
    ICS | Jellybean

Quote Originally Posted by sgthwjack View Post
    Anyone tried this on a Droid X?
    If you mean has anyone tried using this cable to hook the Droid X up to the Xoom -- yes! And it did nothing. Neither side saw the other. Unless I was doing something wrong? (I selected USB Mass Storage mode on the Droid X when connecting them).

~ Droid RAZR MAXX, Stock rooted ICS
    ~ Xoom Wi-fi: Stock rooted JB

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICE CREAM SANDWICH

[QUOTE=Complex Pants;897938]For all your cable needs: HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more!

USB / IEEE-1394 Firewire Adapters[/QUOTE

thanks i love it great prices fast delivery quality products

I just bought my 3G xoom yesterday and the Motorola Camera connection Kit. (micro to standard cable) It is $20. I am using a microsoft wireless mouse. (comes with a mini usb bluetooth plug.
    the mouse works great. My only issue is that I cannot get the on screen keyboard to worrk but my bluetooth keyboard works fine with the mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujo View Post
    I just bought my 3G xoom yesterday and the Motorola Camera connection Kit. (micro to standard cable) It is $20. I am using a microsoft wireless mouse. (comes with a mini usb bluetooth plug.
    the mouse works great. My only issue is that I cannot get the on screen keyboard to worrk but my bluetooth keyboard works fine with the mouse.
    Why did you buy the host cable if you have a bluetooth mouse and keyboard? The Xoom already has bluetooth.

Global Posts
    991 Global Posts
    ROM
    Various

Those are bluetech dongle. Its a 2.4 ghz mouse. Or bluetrack or something.

Global Posts
    339 Global Posts

I have the Motorola camera adapter kit and I am able to transfer pics to my Xoom. But I can't get the Xoom to recognize a usb thumb drive. Anybody have any luck with a thumb drive without rooting?

you all are right about it it is not able to recognize thumb drive

Global Posts
    991 Global Posts
    ROM
    Various

Did you doubt us? The USB hosting is pretty limited on stock OS. If you need to read external drives through micro USB then root.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast