How to stop apps from auto updating

nrweaver

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I was to stop my apps from the market from auto updating if possible. Is there a way to make all of them stop doing it instead of having to go through and change each one manually?

When I set it up I checked auto update on all the apps, but now I am having to use my verizon mifi full time for my internet. It is using up a lot of my 5 gigs each month.

Thanks for any help

anon(167668)

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
You have to change each one manually, but even if you have hundreds of apps it will still only take a few minutes to do. It will take you a second or two per app. Why is that a problem?

mobius024

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
There are more drastic measures, but Titanium Backup from the market has a button especially for that. Stops all apps from updating. You must be rooted.

ohsnapitzkirst

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
This is simple I just worked it out Just follow these steps:
1. I know you may not want to do this but you have to download another app
2. once you've pressed install and when your on the second page of installing it quickly un tick the box where it says automatically update this app
3. although it says "this app" it stops the automatic update for every app

hope this helps

ajc312

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
When I open Play Store and hit options (the three boxes in the top right corner) and select Settings, there's an option called Auto-update apps. Have you tried unchecking this box?

TAW229

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Go to upper right corner where small boxes are (for Apps) and click it.
Click on SHOP in upper right corner of next screen (where apps are)
Click three vertical boxes in upper right corner once shop opens.
Click settings
Under General is "Auto-update apps - uncheck the box.

There is also an Auto-add widgets and other settings you can change.

Hope this helps. I just found it!

Tim Graham3

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
open the play store, go to "my apps," once there, to the left of where it says 'my apps' at the top is a menu button. tap on that, then select settings at the bottom of the list, from there the top option is is auto-update apps. tap that, and you get three option, "do not auto-update apps," "auto-update apps at any time. Data charges may apply." and the last one is "auto-update apps over wi-fi only." select the top one, and you're done. LOL took me about three hours to find that particular menu. hopefully this helps someone else save that time. *grin* enjoy.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante