Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

Default Xoom questions please answer

I have just purhased xoom in the UK 3 days ago. This is a 3g version that is due to be released here on 27th of this month but I got it from Carphone warehouse.

Anyway there are a few questions to ask you experienced users:

1. How do I improve battery life? I didnt even install flash yet and was just browsing the web and managed to kill about 20% of the battery in less than an hour.

2. What app do you use to play video files such as divx xvid or mp4? I downloaded a video from the site in mp4 format straight to the xoom and it just doesnt work, black screen is all I get and my gallery is not working now because of that video file in there.

3. Sometimes I experience lag and very very bad ones without doing anything only looking at this forums. Do you suggest to do a factory reset? Is it a good option to restore apps using googles backup?

Thank you for your help.

I have had great battery life with my Xoom from day one, although experienced a bit of lag during the first few days. I did a factory reset and the lag was gone. So I am inclined to suggest a factory reset so you can rule out a glitch install before your return or exchange window runs out. Google's back up was great in restoring apps I have loaded before the reset.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

YOu know I have done a few hard resets but one problem appeared. For some reason it is trying to restore youtube app and it always fails to install and I'm left without it.

Movie players I use moboplayer or rockplayer lite

@sup3r1or Have you tried deleting it from the backup before the reset so it won't restore it?

Try turning down the screen brightness! it will eat your battery QUICK!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    Proud Owner of:
    Galaxy Nexus - XOOM
    Love my Dropbox