1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Jelly Bean

Default Bluetooth mouse?

Will a Logitech Bluetooth mouse work with 3.1 or do I need to preorder the Logitech Android mouse?

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G

I don't know about the Logitech BT mouse but I have an "older" Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 that works without problems after the 3.1 update. That is actually more than I can say for the Motorola Bluetooth keyboard for the Xoom. I constantly have disconnects with the keyboard and I am forced to re-establish the connection in settings as waking the keyboard with a keypress seldom works as documented.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Default Blue Tooth Mouse for the Xoom WiFi

I just bought the Microsoft Notebook Bluetooth Mouse 5000 yesterday at Best Buy and it works fine with the Motorola Xoom WiFi. I also got the Motorola keyboard and it appears to work fine too (haven't used it long enough to see if I will have problems). Both fit into the carrying case I got for the Xoom.

That Logitech "Android" BT Mouse is a ripoff! Don't be fooled, there's nothing at all special (or "Android") about it, just marketing aimed at people who don't know better. All BT HID (Human Interface Devices) are all the same, and I've paired everything from an Apple Keyboard to a Sony BT mouse to this thing. Play with them all in a store (if you can), and pick the one you like the best.
    Sprint EVO HW Rev 0002 Build 3.70.651.1
    Moto Xoom 3G/1GB
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by DNicolasL View Post
    Will a Logitech Bluetooth mouse work with 3.1 or do I need to preorder the Logitech Android mouse?

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G
    I have the V470 Logitech bluetooth mouse and it works great on Honeycomb. I'm pretty sure the Android one is just a repackaged V470, though I wouldn't call it a ripoff since they have the same MSRP.

Quote Originally Posted by darkshade View Post
    though I wouldn't call it a ripoff since they have the same MSRP.
    Well ... OK.

I'm just surprised that a reputable outfit like Logitech would use such pandering marketing tactics and not give any value-added to go along with it.
    Sprint EVO HW Rev 0002 Build 3.70.651.1
    Moto Xoom 3G/1GB
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ROM
    Jelly Bean

Does the mouse pair directly with the tablet? I don't want an adapter using my USB port.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G

Quote Originally Posted by kcrudup View Post
    Well ... OK.

I'm just surprised that a reputable outfit like Logitech would use such pandering marketing tactics and not give any value-added to go along with it.
    I certainly have to agree with you on that! Pure deceptive marketing... Shameful.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DNicolasL View Post
    Does the mouse pair directly with the tablet? I don't want an adapter using my USB port.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G
    Yeah, all I had to do was pair the mouse directly from the Xoom's bluetooth settings and it worked right away.

Quote Originally Posted by kcrudup View Post
    Well ... OK.

I guess I don't see what the big deal is. It's just rebranding the device to show that it works on Android. Unless they start making claims that other bluetooth mice wouldn't work with Honeycomb it's not being dishonest or underhanded.

Logitech Bluetooth mouse works great. I baught yesterday and enjoyed my xoom remotly on tv.

I highly recommend getting a bluetooth keyboard with a track pad. I orginally bought the Motorola keyboard and Apple Magic Mouse. They both paired and worked independently, but they definitely did not work well together as they would unpair frequently, and the keyboard would repeat letters to the point that it was unusable. I returned both and bought an Adesso WKB-4000BB, and it is absolutely AWESOME!
    Last edited by bball840; 05-20-2011 at 11:47 PM.