Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts

Default SwiftKey, what's your thinking of it?

So I downloaded the beta and did the predictions updates and it seems to be as awsome as the phone version. Anyone else like, love, hate it?

I like the predictions and will use it over the stock or thumb board. But I'm not sure how much I like the tron like design. The full board is almost as easy to use as the split board (defalt). But I find that the split board has real small keys. I guess I have big thumbs.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

The space bar could do with being taller in portrait mode. I'm always hitting b or n when I type quickly.

The only other complaint I have is that it sometimes doesn't recognise a misspelled word, even if it's only off by a letter or two.

Pretty good keyboard overall. Would be interested to try out a honeycomb version of swype though.

ROM
    Stock until 4.0.4 hits

I much prefer Swype to Swiftkey on my Incredible... holding off on this for now (haven't tried to find Swype for my Xoom yet)... really liking Thumb Keyboard at the moment.

Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Lactose The Intolerant View Post
    I much prefer Swype to Swiftkey on my Incredible... holding off on this for now (haven't tried to find Swype for my Xoom yet)... really liking Thumb Keyboard at the moment.
    I use SwiftKey on my EVO, but Thumb keyboard on my Xoom (used it before on my GTab). It makes it very easy to use, and the adjustment period was really short for me. I will download Swiftkey for my Xoom and see how it works.

I have not tried Swype on the Xoom. I tried it on my EVO, and I did not care for it.

Just my two cents...

ROM
    Cyanogen mod 7 (DInc)

Have been using SwiftKey for a while now, and a solutely love it as much on the Xoom as I do on the DInc. The latest update is even betterthan the previous iteration. Beats the Thumbkeybord by a lot, imo.

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by azari View Post
    Have been using SwiftKey for a while now, and a solutely love it as much on the Xoom as I do on the DInc.
    Ditto on that. Wish the arrow ( directional) keys were easier to access like on the thumb board though.

Find myself really liking portrait typing with SwiftKey also. Predictions are the solid win for me.

SwiftKey is amazing. It is extremely easy to type on and the predictions are very accurate most of the time.

My one complaint (it's a very big complaint for me) is that there is no "Tab" key. I use that very often when moving the cursor from section to section. If they add in a Tab key it would be perfect.
    Hell does not start with an "H", it starts with an "E" and ends with an "H" and displays art within its realm......................Anyone??

Global Posts
    2,343 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7/MazWoz on Evo

I really dislike the layout of swiftkey on the Xoom. The predictions are great but I find that the enlarged keys block way too much of the screen and the backspace key is placed all wrong. I actually prefer the stock keyboard over anything else so far. If swiftkey would reduce its size and adopt a layout more similar to the stock keyboard I would use it in a heartbeat.

Need a Dropbox account? Use my referral: http://db.tt/kWXWhEB
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts

yup hear you on all fronts. The but I prefer it so far. I hopefully they address layout while it's in beta stage...

How come I can't see swiftkey on myvxoom. I have purchased swiftkey on my nexus and is not showing up as purchased on my Xoom nor in the search

LG G2 Verizon LTE
    Nexus 4 ST TMO
    Galaxy S 3 Sprint LTE [ Retired ]
    Galaxy Tab 10.1 4G Verizon LTE [ Retired ]
    Nexus S 4G [ Retired ]
    Xoom Tablet 3.0 Honeycomb [ Retired ]
    HTC Evo 2.3.3| [ Retired ]
    Palm Pre [ Retired ]

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

Is there some setting I'm missing in Swift Key to make it bigger? I'm using Smartkeyboard now and it works fine. Swiftkey only takes up like a small strip at the bottom of the Xoom in landscape mode, and is basically useless.

I love Swiftkey on the Tbolt. So I would really like to use it on the Xoom as well.

Thanks

ROM
    SC 2.9nv/EC10nv

I didn't really like the SwiftKey in the market and I've been a SwiftKey VIP for a bit so I downloaded the tablet Beta and now it's all I use. It performs better than market version on Xoom, two different layouts, looks better too. Go to their website sign up and wait for code or look for an open enrollment, usually on Fridays.

Phone:Fascinate SC2.9.2/Jt's 04-18 Kernel/Honeycomb Theme
    Tablet:Xoom Honeycomb Stock

ROM
    Stock

I am not a fan of Swiftkey. I use Smart Keyboard pro. The skin choices make it a winner and the speed and predictions are excellent .

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    "Give it time. You will be assimilated, resistance is futile. You are only here to serve the green R2D2. posted by HKM"

If someone helps you find an answer, please Thank them with the button in their post.
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,720 Global Posts

Thumb keyboard FTW.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by clavodulce16 View Post
    How come I can't see swiftkey on myvxoom. I have purchased swiftkey on my nexus and is not showing up as purchased on my Xoom nor in the search
    Its not in the market. The you have to be on the SwiftKey web forum as stated above.

16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mundyb View Post
    Is there some setting I'm missing in Swift Key to make it bigger? I'm using Smartkeyboard now and it works fine. Swiftkey only takes up like a small strip at the bottom of the Xoom in landscape mode, and is basically useless.

I love Swiftkey on the Tbolt. So I would really like to use it on the Xoom as well.

Thanks
    In the bottom left corner by the microphone is a keyboard layout switcher. I think that is what you are looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by DanH View Post
    Thumb keyboard FTW.
    Just tried this out. Not as visually flashy as Swiftkey but I would definitely recommend it. I can see it becoming my main keyboard.

The cursor arrows are so useful for editing text. And I like the way it has the secondary key functions actually written on the keys... with Swiftkey you just have to guess.

I do miss the word prediction in Swiftkey though.