Xoom sells are definitely picking up

mrboss23

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I usually do a weekly scroll at bestbuy to see what's new. I have been watching the response of customers looking at the xoom lately and noticed something interesting. The xoom sells are picking up. In lieu of all the honeycomb tabs coming out that's supposed to be "better than the zoom" so to speak, I see customers grabbing for the xoom.

One guy was deciding between the xoom and the Ionia tab and decided he wanted the xoom. Another 2 guys were just standing near the xoom display debating. Both were not sold on the ipad2 and wanted a xoom. Then finally a woman came in asked me 2 questions about the xoom then asked the best buy rep for 10 xooms with cases for a govt purchase. Wow

Oxn

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I usually do a weekly scroll at bestbuy to see what's new. I have been watching the response of customers looking at the xoom lately and noticed something interesting. The xoom sells are picking up. In lieu of all the honeycomb tabs coming out that's supposed to be "better than the zoom" so to speak, I see customers grabbing for the xoom.

One guy was deciding between the xoom and the Ionia tab and decided he wanted the xoom. Another 2 guys were just standing near the xoom display debating. Both were not sold on the ipad2 and wanted a xoom. Then finally a woman came in asked me 2 questions about the xoom then asked the best buy rep for 10 xooms with cases for a govt purchase. Wow

I doubt your experient really means much.

I dont have a tablet, but if i was to buy one right now i would buy a Xoom. I like that its the smallest of the bunch, and the ebst built of the bunch. Glitches and such can be fixed over time, so im not worried there. As well as SD support. The screen looks great from what i have seen with the test unit, as long as you dont put it next to a galaxy tab 7 or ipad.

Although the price is the worst part of it all. So if i were to buy one, ill have to ebay it. 600plus tax is too much.

mrboss23

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I doubt your experient really means much.

I dont have a tablet, but if i was to buy one right now i would buy a Xoom. I like that its the smallest of the bunch, and the ebst built of the bunch. Glitches and such can be fixed over time, so im not worried there. As well as SD support. The screen looks great from what i have seen with the test unit, as long as you dont put it next to a galaxy tab 7 or ipad.

Although the price is the worst part of it all. So if i were to buy one, ill have to ebay it. 600plus tax is too much.

Well to you it may not mean much but you confirmed what ive noticed. You would prefer a xoom. I have seen the xoom in bestbuy months back be unoticed and uninteresting. Mainly because of advertisement in bestbuy. Totally different story now.

Funny thing is im typing this message using the new htc flyer and no one knows it exist yet.

Oxn

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Well to you it may not mean much but you confirmed what ive noticed. You would prefer a xoom. I have seen the xoom in bestbuy months back be unoticed and uninteresting. Mainly because of advertisement in bestbuy. Totally different story now.

Funny thing is im typing this message using the new htc flyer and no one knows it exist yet.

Well if true, why do you think sales are going up?

Theres more options now, there isnt a price drop. Reviews are favoring Asus and Samsung.

mrboss23

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Well if true, why do you think sales are going up?

Theres more options now, there isnt a price drop. Reviews are favoring Asus and Samsung.

I believe its advertising as far as best buy goes. The xoom is located near the ipad2 now which wasn't the case awhile ago. Then there is only one other honeycomb tablet instore which is the iconia tab that is located where the xoom used to be near the netbooks. I believe its also the updates and capabilities of the xoom. Xoom gets updates first as with honeycomb 3.1. Its smaller than the Iconia tab, 3g option soon to be 4g, and appearance.

_Zguy__

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Tablet (non ipad) awareness is definitely going up
staples, best buy, and radioshack all show xoom or playbook on weekly ads

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Well, this may be possible. I went to Best Buy today and now the Xoom has a very impressive display that is as noticeable, if not more, than that of the iPad's. Now the Xoom is visible and it an area that sees traffic. The units they had there (they had two on display) clearly had been used by people. So, awareness is up.

I think now that there are so many different Android tablets and at different price points, we are going to start seeing increased sales. I don't think Motorola did a good job when they launched but things are changing now that more manufacturers and stores are carrying these tablets. Certainly now that Amazon is also planning Android tablets is telling and opens up the door for great potential.

macprv

May 17, 2010
Visit site
At my local best buy they used to have the xoom in a corner where nobody would see them unless you were specifically looking for the xoom.... heck when I boughtmy xoom (launch day) they didn't even know they had one lol... now weeks later I went back and they have the xooms on a little stand and in a very visible area... if sales are picking up, I bet its because of this... and the advertisements of course

chrisharmful

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I was just at Target earlier and saw the Xoom and the Acer tablet next to each other. I thought it was funny that the Acer had a hunk of plexiglas covering it so I couldn't play with it, yet the Xoom was powered on and begging to be played with. Forgot how slow 3.01 was, guessing the new update might be bringing more interest to the Xoom.

Complex Pants

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I was just at Target earlier and saw the Xoom and the Acer tablet next to each other. I thought it was funny that the Acer had a hunk of plexiglas covering it so I couldn't play with it, yet the Xoom was powered on and begging to be played with. Forgot how slow 3.01 was, guessing the new update might be bringing more interest to the Xoom.

If the device has a connection I update them lol. I also check to make sure they have flash installed. So far all the tablets I have played with at Best Buy have been updated.