Launcher Pro (+) on Xoom

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I started using Launcher Pro then the Plus version on my Droid X this week. WOW! I was in love with all the additional customizations. I did freak a little when I couldn't seem to get back to my regular home until I found the free app Home Manager that makes that toggle way easy (and lets you switch to ADW Launcher or thers on DX as well)

So I got to wondering....could this be used on the Xoom? Probably not given the 'Dock" focus for phones....hhhmmm. When I say Dock focus I mean instead of having 3 dock buttons at the bottom of my Droid X, phone, app drawer and contacts, I now have 5 and 3 screens of them so 15...all customizable....didn't seem applicable to Xoom at first...

So I searched briefly and found both posts here as well as this video:
YouTube - ‪LauncherPro on Honeycomb Xoom Tablet‬‏

Wow, works like a champ...makes the icons a little smaller so far, but you can have the dock up the right side with 15 shortcuts, you can resize all widgets, you can set number of home screens and can even put icon shortcuts right up to the edges of the screen...I am liking it. Home Manager works to switch back to your old view anytime too. Way cool, thought I'd share.

Phil

siscim23

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I have Launcher Pro on my Xoom as well. The dock buttons are on the right side when in landscape, but stay on that side. So when in portrait mode, they are on the bottom, each icon is rotated to view.

Hoos

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I've been using LauncherPro Plus on the Xoom for about a week and it works beautifully. It's very well done. ADW also works on the Xoom, but it seems more limited in terms of features.

Honestly, the dock feature is the selling point IMHO. While I use the multiple screens for different things, I like being able to access 90% of what I use from just the main screen. So, folders + dock = WINNING! :D

grimreaver

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
icon pack

I decided to try the free version, but when I choose a customer icon pack it never shows up as a choice for selecting an icon. No matter what icon pack I choose I only see "default icon", "launcher pro icons" and "custom icon" as the choices when creating a new app entry on the dock and "launcher pro icons" and "custom icon" as the choices if I try to update the icon. Custom icon just brings up the gallery. Do I need the paid version to actually be be to choose icons from an icon pack that I installed?

Thanx in advance!