How you use the Xoom

zpithika

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, so I just recently finally decided what tablet I was gonna get. It was a tough choice but I decided to go with iPad 2 and then get a nexus s 4g. That being said I am really into honeycomb and am really excited to see how it grows. So I am just curious about what users of the Xoom use their tablet for.

freeky1

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, so I just recently finally decided what tablet I was gonna get. It was a tough choice but I decided to go with iPad 2 and then get a nexus s 4g. That being said I am really into honeycomb and am really excited to see how it grows. So I am just curious about what users of the Xoom use their tablet for.

I use the Xoom to do the same things I used my iPad to do. Internet, email, Facebook, Pulse, Twitter, news, and remote access to my PCs. The Xoom does the same things the iPad does. It's just not locked down like the iPad, doesn't require iTunes, and never needs to be connected to a computer.

And runs flash like a dream!

Sent from my Etch A Sketch

Last edited:

zpithika

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I use the Xoom to do the same things I used my iPad to do. Internet, email, Facebook, Pulse, Twitter, news, and remote access to my PCs. The Xoom does the same things the iPad does. It's just not locked down like the iPad, doesn't require iTunes, and never needs to be connected to a computer.

And runs flash like a dream!

Sent from my Etch A Sketch

What app do u use for remote desktop? And also, how's the xoom's performance after 3.1? Not that it was ever bad but some people complained when it was just on 3.0. And haha. Sent from my etch a sketch is hilarious.

lobobuzz

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site

Congrats on your iPad 2 purchase and am sure it will be awesome for you. I use my Xoom for just about everything... it's my personal info consumption/management device. I'm using my laptop less and less every week.

Not to be a complete jerk (just a small one I guess), I will never use my Xoom to log into an iPad forum to tell everyone I bought the Xoom and ask how they use their iPads. Regardless of brand/manufacturer I would imagine most people will use them for the same types of things... it's a tablet device.

Again, congrats on your purchase and good luck. :)

zpithika

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Congrats on your iPad 2 purchase and am sure it will be awesome for you. I use my Xoom for just about everything... it's my personal info consumption/management device. I'm using my laptop less and less every week.

Not to be a complete jerk (just a small one I guess), I will never use my Xoom to log into an iPad forum to tell everyone I bought the Xoom and ask how they use their iPads. Regardless of brand/manufacturer I would imagine most people will use them for the same types of things... it's a tablet device.

Again, congrats on your purchase and good luck. :)

Thank you. And haha. Yea I guess I deserve a little heckling. Lol. But I guess I was just curious. Anyways thanks.

voghan

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Its replaced my laptop at home for most things. I use it for email, web, music, watching movies, note pad at work and twitter. I actually use my phone less now.

bartman8888

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
My work uses Citrix Access Gateway which works surprisingly well on a Xoom with a BT keyboard and mouse so my Xoom has replaced my corporate laptop in most cases when I need to quickly login (less than 2min) to check mail or do light work. My laptop takes about 8min to boot, login and connect to VPN.

My Xoom is my constant companion everywhere I go.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1