1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    CyanogenMod 7 / CM#27

Default Best Game Emulators for Xoom?

Can you guys recommend the best game emulators for the Xoom? Specifically SNES, Genesis, N64. Are all compatible with USB connected controllers (PS3, xbox360)?

Also, I recall the N64 emulator was pulled. Is the app .apk still available for sideloading?

Global Posts
    405 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I'm using the N64 emulator you're talking about right now... not too bad actually. And yeah, I sideloaded it too.
    Just a tweeting away... or doing art. Also, using my Dropbox to add files to my HTC Evo and Motorola Xoom!

SNESoid, GENoid would be my first recommendations, but I am nit sure about USB controller compatablity. I use wiimote IME with wii controllers.

Global Posts
    1,117 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Keep in mind this is a new element in Honeycomb so it may needed to be added to games.... my guess is that people will do exactly what they did with the Wii emulators, they will emulate hardware buttons using a third party app, it would element the dev actually having to work on each of his emulators. Best emulators on the Xoom? All of them run silky smooth... I play Pokemon Pinball quite often and it has never crashed on me. I guess the laggiest one has got to be the N64 emulator, which I had to side load ( no longer available on the market sadly). I tried the PSX emulator and it just crashes, the dev hasn't even fixed this issue on Gingerbread.

Sent from my Xoom
    Devices: Samsung Nexus S 4.0.1(alpha, of course), Samsung Vibrant 2.3.5 CM7 w/ Glitch Kernel v13, broken HTC Dream, and a Google Cr-48 with Ubuntu 11.10

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    ROM
    Redenbacher

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Smokexz View Post
    Keep in mind this is a new element in Honeycomb so it may needed to be added to games.... my guess is that people will do exactly what they did with the Wii emulators, they will emulate hardware buttons using a third party app, it would element the dev actually having to work on each of his emulators. Best emulators on the Xoom? All of them run silky smooth... I play Pokemon Pinball quite often and it has never crashed on me. I guess the laggiest one has got to be the N64 emulator, which I had to side load ( no longer available on the market sadly). I tried the PSX emulator and it just crashes, the dev hasn't even fixed this issue on Gingerbread.

Sent from my Xoom

Hey Smoke & OP,
    I was able to have a good experience with F.
    It's totally ok with on screen controls. I have been playing Final Fantasy 7.
    Just kind of a ***** to get the .bin files unlick nes and snes.

Live2Ride gives me **** when I post my videos for some reason, but as already stated, snesoid, nesoid, and ataroid all will give you a very good experience. my next video upcoming will be ataroid, it works "very friggin well" Best thing about Ataroid is that those files are MASSIVELY TINY. We're talking 500 games take up less than 10 MB...

Looks like both Snesoid and NEsoid got yanked again from Android Market. Not sure if it's for upgrades or legal issues....

Like Smoke, I did NOT have a good experience with N64 emulator. I tried Bond, and a handful of other games, it just wasn't for me, but I'm willing to try again. I was most pleasantly surprised by FPSE PSone emulator. FF7 really is working well for me...

SNesoid at Android Market --> Looks like it got YANKED from the Market No link available

Nesoid at Android Market --> Looks like it got YANKED from the Market No link available
    I write about all my personal projects. love to write and make videos, and I upload a crapload to flickr. game reviews, demos, how tos. love it, check it out at BooyaGadget.

[QUOTE=acozzens;950002]

Live2Ride gives me **** when I post my videos for some reason, but as already stated, snesoid, nesoid, and ataroid all will give you a very good experience. my next video upcoming will be ataroid, it works "very friggin well" Best thing about Ataroid is that those files are MASSIVELY TINY. We're talking 500 games take up less than 10 MB...

Seriously? All I said was there were already several threads on this topic. If that's what you consider to be someone giving you **** then I don't know what to say from here, except that you might be just a bit paranoid.