Multi Touch Issue

anon(216628)

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

I am having an issue with my wife's Xoom. On mine I can hold the shift key and type capitol letter or double tap the shift key and it will lock. My wife's will not do any of this. I have checked both our settings and they are exatly the same.

We are both stock Xoom wifi OTA 3.1

I have already done a factory reset.

Thanks in advanced. :)

jkyu99

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Smart answer is to give your wife your Xoom. THEN with your defective Xoom, try a different keyboard program. I use thumb keyboard but for this purpose, try a free variant of the stock keyboard. If the new keyboard program works, then you have afaulty original keyboard program but you do not need to do much about that. If it still does not work then the problem is deeper in the hard...software and probably easier to replace it?

anon(216628)

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
thanks

Giving the wife mine would be good but I have her trained to expect issues from new devices and to give me time to find a resolution.

So you know I tried hackers keyboard and it works fine. Must be a software issue like you said.

Do you know how i can get an original install for the stock?

Maikai.Guy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like an issue for Motorola Support. The unit is a couple/few months old. They should be able to do something for you.

If you haven't already contacted them, don't delay in contacting Motorola and longer.

chemgeek

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Go to settings and uncheck "Accessibilty" (under the Accessibility menu). If this is checked, the caps lock will not work. This may get checked for you if you do the 3.1 update. Took me a while to figure out why my keyboard stopped working normally.

Cheers.

Reactions: anon(216628)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol