4G roll out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

grimreaver

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
She just said Q2, not Q2 2011. Maybe she meant 2013? Maybe she meant Q2 of their fiscal year starting in 2015? Maybe she meant Q2 based on a calendar that stats the date the product its made available to them? Maybe Q2 is the name of the facility where the task will be completed and no date reference at all!

The adds and literature I kept from Verizon Wireless when I bought my Xoom in March specifically state the 4G upgrade will be"spring 2011". So VZW does have some time left. But after that time I will contact/visit them if I have not heard anything official. I am sure if I was late on something I agreed to do for them (like pay my bill!) they wouldn't hesitate to contact me! :p

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
From grimreaver:
"The adds and literature I kept from Verizon Wireless when I bought my Xoom in March specifically state the 4G upgrade will be"spring 2011". So VZW does have some time left. But after that time I will contact/visit them if I have not heard anything official. I am sure if I was late on something I agreed to do for them (like pay my bill!) they wouldn't hesitate to contact me!"

Does anyone here actually think that there is NO legal cause for action if Motorola and Verizon, for that matter, do not have this device upgraded by then?

Complex Pants

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I am not saying there is NO legal recourse, I doubt the effectiveness and usefullness in taking such legal action.

If it is just him/her suing then it is really no big deal. However, class-action lawsuits have a lot of people and tend to make lawyers a lot of money. Lawyers getting money means lawyers will be happy to help the purchasers of the 3G Xoom sue motorola/verizon.

DrWu

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
At a minimum, it may keep these companies honest

Actually...since you've openly stated you've rooted your device and modified the original software, you've willingly violated the EULA thereby surrendering your rights to sue them for non-performance. The rest of us can still sue if we want, but you're SOL bworley50. sorry.

kthxbai

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Actually...since you've openly stated you've rooted your device and modified the original software, you've willingly violated the EULA thereby surrendering your rights to sue them for non-performance. The rest of us can still sue if we want, but you're SOL bworley50. sorry.

kthxbai

Why this did make me chuckle, please don't fuel the fire...

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site

kthxbai
Wrong. Please read the quote from the rep in my original post. Also, wnrussell has posted an article to that effect. Rooting your device voids your warranty. It does not relieve Motorola of a contractual obligation that has nothing to do with rooting. I apologize ahead of time, but some of you people in this forum have to be the dumbest individuals with whom I've conversed.

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Whether Motorola rolls this along with an SD card add on will completely determine if every Xoom owner will continue *****ing about promises. Seriously... a lot of thread tick me off like "where is SD card?".

Sent from my Xoom

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Whether Motorola rolls this along with an SD card add on will completely determine if every Xoom owner will continue *****ing about promises. Seriously... a lot of thread tick me off like "where is SD card?".

Sent from my Xoom
my SD card works great. No complaints there.

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
here's a section from the link Bworley50 posted " Jha said it had made progress on 4G and plans to release the products in the second half."

I don't think this qualifies as a promise...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital