Inicipio Stand Case for Motorola Xoom Review

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I bought this case because someone here on the forums recommended it. I bought it with confidence and the shipping was actually pretty fast.

So finally onto the case.... I got me the white one, the case holster or clip on is white while the black silicone like glove it a deep black. I found the design nice and very professional. I found that, just like the other Androidcentral forum member, the top of the case was just the flimsy glove so it moves quite easily when you hold it from the top. Now onto the biggest thing that I loved about the thing. The stand. It's as reliable as can be really, it holds it at a perfect viewing position, but falls flat on being an ergonamic typing design. Still it does what is intended and it's perfect for just viewing web content ( such as Androidcentral videos on YouTube xD).

I am writing this review on my Xoom as to show you that the experience is unscathed.

In portrait mode: I have been using portrait mode quite often and find that it is still easy just as good as without the case.

In landscape mode: I still use this as the primary way to use my Xoom and find that it still works amazingly.

The case makes the device a little bit thicker but it really makes it feel a whole lot more amazing in the hand, the material makes it stay in your hand better, not as sweaty as the naked back of the Xoom.

Something that has actually been improved when I put the case on was the volume buttons are much more clicky. This is good because it gives a whole lot more feedback to know that you tapped the volume button, I thought that the Xoom had an issue with that so I usually slipped with changing the volume. I also like that the ports are not harmed at all when you install this case, you can charge it just fine and use the HDMI and USB cable. Sadly due to the Xoom's design, you cannot use the HDMI with the stand. Really big bummer as that is a really big complaint that I have with my Xoom.

Overall, this is the best case I have seen thus far on my Xoom. It doesn't make the device too bulky, the design is attractive and the stand really improves the functionality. Sure you still can't use your HDMI or other ports with the stand but at least you have a device with a nice stand using the case. While the stand isn't ideal for typing, it is amazing for viewing videos. If you need an idea of how much I love this case then let me make a number rating: 8.5/10

I will post pictures on my Nexus S using Tapatalk in a bit.

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Pictures from my NS:

4c659527-8c8d-d0dd.jpg

4c659527-8c9c-45ba.jpg

4c659527-8ca8-759f.jpg

4c659527-8cc5-5b8c.jpg

Sent from my Nexus S

realitydigg

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the review - I too am looking hard at this case, just haven't been ablet to get myself to pull the trigger. Is it too fat and heavy? Or does it feel better in the hand. I need to stand it up to do demos on occassion so the stand is a plus.

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the review - I too am looking hard at this case, just haven't been ablet to get myself to pull the trigger. Is it too fat and heavy? Or does it feel better in the hand. I need to stand it up to do demos on occassion so the stand is a plus.

Well I dont think it is too fat but to be honest, it does make it noticeably thicker but I think that adds a more useful heft, more or less it feels like it can last if you drop it a lot. The stand it actually a lot better than I imagined. It moves a bit sure, but it is still amazing for just swiping through pictures or just looking through your email or watching a video on Netflix or YouTube.

Sent from my Xoom

Lactose The Intolerant

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the pics -- how is the stand piece? it looks a bit cheesy and seems to 'lower' the overall build.
(perhaps it wouldn't look so bad in black)... how secure is the stand in the closed position?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad