Motorola Xoom Keyboard Folio Case

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Just released on VZW the official Motorola Xoom Keyboard Folio Case!

Protect your Xoom with this durable and premium leather folio. Built- in display feature allows for convenient hands-free multimedia use. The integrated and slim-line keyboard with Android™ shortcut keys is designed specifically to enhance your productivity with your Motorola Xoom. price currently $84.99 at vzw.com. http://www.verizon.com/motorola-xoom-keyboard-folio-case.shtml

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
but will it have the dedicated Android keys? this what stands out from other BT keyboards
Looks interesting but I think I'm going to try the Logitech keyboard that's coming out soon.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

anon(216628)

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I have this keyboard and case. So far it is working very well. I do have larger hands so it is taking a bit to get used to but I have to say that is is a lot easier to type then with the on screen keyboard.

Was really easy to pair. The shortcuts work out of the box. There are some buttons that I am not sure what they are for. The case is top notch in quality.All ports and cameras are open to use.There is a usb port on the keyboard but from what I have read in the instructions it is used only for charging.

One question i had was would you be able to pair both this and a phone or headset? Yes you can.

dchawk82

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I have a few questions:
Does it have a stand in the back, or how does it stay standing (or does it)?
I use my Xoom as my alarm clock currently in a docking station, will I have to take my Xoom out of this case every night or will the case allow me to charge it and it be open at the same time so I can keep using it as an alarm clock?

lowboydrvr

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
The case has a strap/flap on the back that has two snaps on it. The first position is for when the case is closed and the second position is for standing the unit up. When you move the strap/flap down to the bottom position, it creates the stand.

VBGlacier

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I read a review of this on the Verizon site that said the case folded backward and the keyboard was on the outside... does it close completely with the keyboard and Xoom screen facing each other?

At any rate, I found this on Amazon and ordered it today. I'll post a review once I receive it and try it out.

GSI Super Quality Wireless Waterproof Slim 2.0 Bluetooth Keyboard For Motorola XOOM - Built In Tablet Padded Protection Cover, Folio Stand: Electronics Amazon.com: GSI Super Quality Wireless Waterproof Slim 2.0 Bluetooth Keyboard For Motorola XOOM - Built In Tablet Padded Protection Cover, Folio Stand: Electronics

lowboydrvr

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I read a review of this on the Verizon site that said the case folded backward and the keyboard was on the outside... does it close completely with the keyboard and Xoom screen facing each other?

Yes....that is how the case is designed. It folds up with the keyboard facing the Xoom using the strap/magnet to keep it closed. If you don't want to use the keyboard at any time, you simply fold it backwards out of the way.

trayes77

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I justnordered the GSI Super Quality Wireless Waterproof Slim 2.0 Bluetooth Keyboard For Motorola Xoom. How do you like it VB Glacier?

VBGlacier

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had much of a chance to use it, but so far it works as advertised. The keys are a little small for my big hands, but the keyboard is nice. My only issue with it is that the up arrow cursor key is the same size and right next to the shift key.

But it seems to be of good quality, isn't too bulky and paired immediately. I'll post a longer review with pics later.

trayes77

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your response VB! I was hoping for decent quality and the keyboard sounds more than adequate. Especially for the price. I look forward to seeing your photos and review. Im very curious to see how it stands itself up. I couldn't tell from the Amazon listing.

CLSmith

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I know this thread is old, but I just got this keyboard and it came with no directions. I just did a search for the users guide and came up with nothing. Would anyone like to help me get this keyboard going. Thank you.

ElConquistador1963

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I have this folio keyboard. I love it but want to sell it. It does not fit the needs I have. I use a windshield mount in the car and a speakerdock at home with another wireless keyboard. In order to use either I have to take it out of the folio so it is too cumbersome for the ways I use it. Anyone interested in buying this from me just pm me and name you price. Best offer will win if it is worth it. You also pay shipping so let me know method of shipping. It is a great device and looks brand new. It also has the charger and I think I have the worthless user manual as well. Just let me know.

Btw: Ice Cream Sandwich Coming to Many Verizon Wireless Smartphones

ICS is coming sometime this decade!!!!!:D

DaPoets

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I have this, and I hate it. I type about 60 words per minute and it just can't keep up. The space bar works when it want to or if I press really hard on it. Many other keys are similar in this respect. I do have the Logitech BT keyboard and case that costs about twice as much and it's worth the money. Very responsive, great keyboard case that transforms into a stand for the Xoom. This Folio case just collects dust somewhere in my house now.. I probably threw it away.

nimod

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol