Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    2CupsWithString's Avatar
    passionately curious

    Posts
    2,812 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,825 Global Posts

    Default Motorola Repair Service Question

    Has anybody had to send their Xoom in for service? If so, how long was the turn around?

    I have to send my Xoom in because it has a small bubble under the screen if I press down a little harder than normal. I'm just hoping it doesn't take forever. Verizon sent me a box to use to send the Xoom to Motorola and said they ship it back overnight as well. Have any of you gone through this with them?
  2. #2  
    tonyes's Avatar

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

    Default

    I sent mine on a Thursday and got it back on the following Tuesday.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    2CupsWithString's Avatar
    passionately curious

    Posts
    2,812 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,825 Global Posts

    Default

    Awesome, that's not bad at all. Thanks.

    Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
  4. #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thefredelement View Post
    Has anybody had to send their Xoom in for service? If so, how long was the turn around?

    I have to send my Xoom in because it has a small bubble under the screen if I press down a little harder than normal. I'm just hoping it doesn't take forever. Verizon sent me a box to use to send the Xoom to Motorola and said they ship it back overnight as well. Have any of you gone through this with them?
    Did you just call the regular Verizon customer service? My compass does not work at all anymore, no matter which app/program I use, I am assuming it is a hardware issue but was not sure if I should call Verizon or Moto.
  5. #5  
    tonyes's Avatar

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

    Default

    I went directly to Moto
  6. #6  

    Default

    I sent mine back because it was malfunctioning -- every thing I'd run would force-close, pictures had blocky artifacts, and it would eventually spontaneously reboot. I went to the Verizon store, where they actually picked up a phone and handed it to me and dialed tech support. The tech on the phone wasn't very familiar with the process of sending it back to Motorola, so the call took forever. I'd recommend going through Motorola directly since you're going to end up sending it to them and not Verizon.

    I think I sent it back on a Wednesday or Thursday and had the replacement by Tuesday. Actually it must have been a Thursday. I went to the store on a Monday, got the box on Wednesday and sent it out Thursday. I had it back by Tuesday.
  7. #7  
    mickeyk's Avatar

    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

    Default

    I had to send mine back twice because it would not boot up all the way and both times I got in back in 3 days.
    The second time I sent it back they replaced the unit.
    I had to go through Motorola repair because Verizon doesn't fix them.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    2CupsWithString's Avatar
    passionately curious

    Posts
    2,812 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,825 Global Posts

    Default

    I had called Verizon, and as stated the call took forever, they really have no idea about this tablet. I was able to sit down and have dinner with my girlfriend in the time it took the person to figure out how to send me packaging to send it to Motorola.

    I put it in a drop box today so it'll be in their hands at some point tomorrow. Hopefully they send it back Wed/Thurs. I already miss the thing, man it's been a few short months but I guess I rely on it heavily for my everyday work tasks.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    2CupsWithString's Avatar
    passionately curious

    Posts
    2,812 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,825 Global Posts

    Default

    That was very fast, put the first tablet in a drop box on Monday and have a new one in my hands right now.

    Ah, It was a long few days!!! But props to Motorola for the fast acting. It's good to know they back their stuff up.
  10. #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thefredelement View Post
    That was very fast, put the first tablet in a drop box on Monday and have a new one in my hands right now.

    Ah, It was a long few days!!! But props to Motorola for the fast acting. It's good to know they back their stuff up.
    thefred,

    I think I have the same problem as you - a spot on the screen that gets blacker whenever you press the screen. It is also visible when not touching the screen if you get the right angle. The screen is still usable but the spot is annoying. I don't remember it being there when I got it. I've had it nearly 3 months.

    Who did you call to get it replaced? Is the new one perfect?
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    2CupsWithString's Avatar
    passionately curious

    Posts
    2,812 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,825 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jrhodes973 View Post
    thefred,

    I think I have the same problem as you - a spot on the screen that gets blacker whenever you press the screen. It is also visible when not touching the screen if you get the right angle. The screen is still usable but the spot is annoying. I don't remember it being there when I got it. I've had it nearly 3 months.

    Who did you call to get it replaced? Is the new one perfect?
    The new one has the same problem in a different location. I'm extremely pissed off about this and Moto's extreme dis regard for QA. For 800 bucks this is entirely not acceptable.Verizon hasn't been much help either,looks like I will have to send the one they just sent me back to them because they are too lazy to check what they send out. Hope that 4G upgrade goes smooth with this bunch of hacks working on it..

    The problem is that when you press a little on the screen you can see the liquid beneath it kind of bubble.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  
    2CupsWithString's Avatar
    passionately curious

    Posts
    2,812 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,825 Global Posts

    Default

    Motorola is horrible, I'm ready to get rid of this piece of crap. You get people on the phone who can't speak clear English, have no interest in helping you and apparently don't have a boss to talk to.

    Moto can go to hell and take this piece of crap with them as far as I'm concerned.
  13. #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thefredelement View Post
    Motorola is horrible, I'm ready to get rid of this piece of crap. You get people on the phone who can't speak clear English, have no interest in helping you and apparently don't have a boss to talk to.

    Moto can go to hell and take this piece of crap with them as far as I'm concerned.
    My spot seems to be growing. What's worse is that my Xoom will not charge. When I got it, it would fully charge in a few hours. Now it has been on the the charger for 15 hrs and it is only 40% charged. Unhappy

Posting Permissions

B