PS3 Controller or Xoom works great

acozzens

Apr 4, 2011
www.booyagadget.com
I know the PS3 controller on the Xoom has been touched on indirectly in other threads, but I focused directly on it and made a video to talk about it..

It works great, and is really easy. As a forum enthusiast you probably already know the magic happens with that famous OTG cable...

But, here's a video that I put together myself, some pics, and writeup to show you my perspective since I'm an Android Central member ! Hope it helps and I'll see any questions you may have etc..
Yes, Xoom is on fire as I have personally tested the wiimote, ps3, and xbox controller ! I just don't know that this is possible iPad right now... Let me know what you think !

PS3 Controller on Motorola Xoom Android Super Mario Kart SNES by BooyaGadget, on Flickr

PS3 Controller on Motorola Xoom Android 01 by BooyaGadget, on Flickr
A few more flickr pics
my blog writeup and product links

I really like it.. My xoom is NOT rooted, so I'm very confident it will work with any 3.1 Xoom. Let me know if you have any questions. Totally good experience, possibly the best between ps3/xbox/and wii controllers mainly because I just really like the ps3 controller.

Cuz

JediJesus95

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
No. Cordy was the first one I tried but I couldnt find any other that even had controller mapping. I mainly use it for N64oid and snesoid.

Maybe after more Honeycomb tablets are sold developers might start to implement the controller. Riptide or Bang Bang Racing would be awesome with a controller.

acozzens

Apr 4, 2011
www.booyagadget.com
No. Cordy was the first one I tried but I couldnt find any other that even had controller mapping. I mainly use it for N64oid and snesoid.

Maybe after more Honeycomb tablets are sold developers might start to implement the controller. Riptide or Bang Bang Racing would be awesome with a controller.

Funny that you mentioned riptide and bang bang racing.
Two games that would flourish from this ability.

trust me, If I were a gaming manufacturer I'd be all over this !
But from what I can tell the work really needs to be done by the game developers.

the game developers are the ones that say: "go left when input says left" . If Droid Tablets want to smash iPad this would be a really good way to do it. The major benefit would be to shut up the iPad folks out there that still have netflix while we have to use remote desktop apps to get it :)

Later !