Splashtop HD is now available

louie2701

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I have not been able to download the Splashtop Streamer at all from their site.I am running Windows 7 on my laptop and Windows XP on my desktop and have not been successful in installing this product on either one. On the laptop it starts to download and then the box disappears and the Splashtop software is nowhere to be found. On the desktop , during the installation phase, it tells me that the path is incorrect.

Arun01

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Yep it didn't work for me as first when I tried running the splashtop file I saved from their site so I decided to delete that icon and try downloading again & as soon as I deleted that icon another one popped up its place & I was able to install it on my desktop that's running windows 7.This AP is the best I ever seen.I can now finally play Facebook games on my Xoom!! Plus watch hulu,Netflix,xfinity,etc!!! It was well worth the $5

louie2701

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I have tried on 2 different desktops and 2 different laptops and keep getting the same error message:

" Unable to save file: C\Program Files\Downloaded
Installations\(93EBD8D2-7DF2-45D6-9894-13CE61)
Remote MSI
The system cannot find the path specified"

louie2701

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Maybe if I send you the file I have you can use it then..
Arun01, That would be great if you could send me the file. I finally got it working on my laptop, still having issues on the desktop. But on my laptop , it works great. This is a real game changer that makes me love my Xoom all the more. I can pretty much do everything that I do on my laptop, but on my Xoom. Netflix, gaming, etc....

Reactions: XzombieX66

bmhanson

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Can it connect over 3G or is it local only?

It is possible to connect over the internet but it requires changes to be made to your router and firewall. The ports have to be open and you will probably need toforward them to your computer. Ther is a webpage on their site that talks about it.

JasonKrewson

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
You can even use it to play high end games, I ran around on Star Wars the old Republic and Battlefield 3. Issues I ran into where my Asus Keyboard wouldn't work for movement, The Mouse I Plugged in wouldn't work at all (even though they say you can use both of those and xbox 360 controller and PS3 controller) so maybe I'm doing something wrong.

robbiegross

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
It is possible to connect over the internet but it requires changes to be made to your router and firewall. The ports have to be open and you will probably need toforward them to your computer. Ther is a webpage on their site that talks about it.

You can also connect remotely over the internet by signing in to your Google account in the desktop streamer. This alleviates having to open the ports on your router. Works brilliantly. Splashtop has indeed revolutionized the value of my Zoom. Came from a G-Tab. Absolutely LOVE my Zoom and can't wait for ICS!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossfrey