4G Roll Out

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
In light of the report about the new Xoom 4G, what do you guys think about my sentiments regarding Motorola and broken contracts now?

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Seriously, I think you need to let it go.

As for the 4G Xoom I have been away for the net for the last few days so I don't know what you are talking about.

OK I found the information on the front page, it also says this isn't a done deal yet. I still have confidence they will deliver on the 4G upgrade and activate the SD slot when it's ready to go. I don't see anything worth getting worked up about yet...

Last edited:

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
What I was getting at was how would you feel about a lighter, thinner 4G Xoom on the market BEFORE your Xoom is upgraded? I know it says it's not a done deal yet, but if this report is accurate and Verizon is testing it, wouldn't that mean it's in its final testing stage and ready to go relatively soon? I would be pretty pissed.

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Seriously, I think you need to let it go.

As for the 4G Xoom I have been away for the net for the last few days so I don't know what you are talking about.

OK I found the information on the front page, it also says this isn't a done deal yet. I still have confidence they will deliver on the 4G upgrade and activate the SD slot when it's ready to go. I don't see anything worth getting worked up about yet...

You really should root. SD card works perfectly. It's like a completely different device.

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I have no problem with a thinner lighter 4G Xoom coming out before mine gets the SD card or 4G, technology is always advancing. I am sure that Motorola learned from the design and manufacturing processes developed for the Xoom and now they have found a way to improve on those procedures.

As I stated in your other thread, you know the one that got locked. I am not interested in rooting to get the SD card working.

Last edited:

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I have no problem with a thinner lighter 4G Xoom coming out before mine gets the SD card or 4G, technology is always advancing. I am sure that Motorola learned from the design and manufacturing processes developed for the Xoom and now they have found a way to improve on those procedures.

As I stated in your other tread, you know the one that got locked. I am not interested in rooting to get the SD card working.

Yeah I hope they did learn their lesson. I'm uncomfortable with them doing it at my expense. As far as root goes, it does way more than just that. Suit yourself.

Arun01

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Just saw over at Droid world that 4g and SD card slot will be done in mid July but get this you will have to box up your Xoom and send it off.I'm happy to see the updates coming but jeez sending off my xoom and waiting for god knows how long is absurd

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Just saw over at Droid world that 4g and SD card slot will be done in mid July but get this you will have to box up your Xoom and send it off.I'm happy to see the updates coming but jeez sending off my xoom and waiting for god knows how long is absurd

The 4g upgrade has always been a send it out thing. Now if you need to send it out for the SD card they best drop in a free SD card. The SD update is all software so a ota should be all that's needed.

sent by CyanogenMod X

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

I heard it was only supposed to be a 5 day turnaround on the 4G radio, but still my Xoom goes with me everywhere. I am sure there will be some with drawl symptoms.

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I heard it was only supposed to be a 5 day turnaround on the 4G radio, but still my Xoom goes with me everywhere. I am sure there will be some with drawl symptoms.
I know some of you HATE when I do this, but please read this link and pay attention to the date of the press release and when Motorola says the LTE will be available. It is contractual as it is an inducement to buy. If in fact my Xoom is not upgraded by end of this month I will have to ask for a full refund. If it is not granted I will be forced to pursue legal action. I have never sued anyone in my entire life. It is not what I want but they are forcing me to do this.

Motorola Mobility, Inc. - Media Center - Press Releases - Verizon Wireless and Motorola Mobility Announce Motorola XOOM™ Tablet on Nation’s Largest and Most Reliable 3G Network

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I know some of you HATE when I do this, but please read this link and pay attention to the date of the press release and when Motorola says the LTE will be available. It is contractual as it is an inducement to buy. If in fact my Xoom is not upgraded by end of this month I will have to ask for a full refund. If it is not granted I will be forced to pursue legal action. I have never sued anyone in my entire life. It is not what I want but they are forcing me to do this.

Motorola Mobility, Inc. - Media Center - Press Releases - Verizon Wireless and Motorola Mobility Announce Motorola XOOM™ Tablet on Nation’s Largest and Most Reliable 3G Network

Please let's not start this again. It went nowhere the last time. If your legal action results in anything let us know so if anyone waiting for the upgrade wants to follow they can.

sent by CyanogenMod X

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Please let's not start this again. It went nowhere the last time. If your legal action results in anything let us know so if anyone waiting for the upgrade wants to follow they can.

sent by CyanogenMod X

Sorry. Didn't realize discussing things on a message board was prohibited. Oh wait, just things you don't want to hear are prohibited. I get it now.

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

sent by CyanogenMod X

He is bombarding the official Xoom site now trying to get everyone to feel abandoned by Motorola and or Verizon, I wonder if he works for Samsung, Asus or one of the other companies releasing a tablet soon.

Honestly I can't figure his angle, or what's in it for him to continue sowing the seeds of discontent by keeping this going not only here but on other Xoom forums as well.

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
He is bombarding the official Xoom site now trying to get everyone to feel abandoned by Motorola and or Verizon, I wonder if he works for Samsung, Asus or one of the other companies releasing a tablet soon.

Honestly I can't figure his angle, or what's in it for him to continue sowing the seeds of discontent by keeping this going not only here but on other Xoom forums as well.

I'm really not. There is a petition on DROID Life and apparently it has been there for a while. And no I didn't start it. I am an independent business owner that is in no way competitive with any company associated with Android. I am a HUGE fan of Motorola. I own a Xoom, a Droid X, an S9 bluetooth headphone set, a EQ7 bluetooth speaker, the X dock, both Xoom docks, and my wife has the Droid 2. There is no angle. Just pure frustration, disappointment, and I am certain that Motorola is dangerously close to breach of contract. I am very pro business, extremely fiscally conservative, but this display of apathy, arrogance, and incompetence from Motorola in this situation cannot go unnoticed or unpunished. If we as consumers cannot take seriously the assurances made by manufacturers, I believe strongly that it threatens our liberty and hurts our economy. That's it.

Reactions: Carlesious

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site

FYI...I would be willing to accept a full refund for Moto credit to be used for a Motorola tablet that works as advertised. I'm not looking for any unjust enrichment. I am not interested in making money I am not owed. Just want what I paid for.

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site

Oh. Forgot. I also bought the Motorola Xoom camera connection kit, the portfolio case, and the Xoom gel case. Like I said, huge Moto fan.

Maikai.Guy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm not happy the date slipped, but am also "pro business" and realize this stuff happens, especially with technology.

I travel regularly, but still find the vast majority of my data comes WiFi. So much that the 1GB plan with Verizon is more than I need. When connected to 3G, the service is great for everything shy of streaming video.

So I'm having trouble wrapping my brain around a conservative independent businessman wanting to crucify another business for a simple date slip whose impact is minimal to zero on the general operation of the device.

Maybe you had a minor screw up in your own business and a customer over reacted and took you to the cleaners? Just a guess. :)

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Lol my guess is that he is not truly satisfied and deep down wishes he had a better, faster, stronger tablet. Lol cant say I truly blame him. But I cant say im that disappointed either.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma