Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Default Movie album art?

Hey everyone!
    Was looking for someone who would be able to help with this. Currently, I have four or five movies on my Xoom and the the preview of the movie is typically the first 5-15 seconds. I have the artwork for the videos, but no way to include them.

I did fine one app on the market, Movie Gallery from the DVDCatalyst creators; however, it feels a bit sluggish and not near as smooth as the simple gallery.

Apparently there was previously a solution on 3.0 where you just added a .jpg to the folder where the movie was stored and it would place it in front of the movie. That is no longer the case.

Any ideas or apps that are available would be much appreciated. Thanks for the help everyone!

**Side note: I have posted this on XDA as well, but of course wanted to make sure I didn't miss anyone here either. You can follow my original post at XDA here: Movie previews - xda-developers
    PHONES
    Droid Incredible - Rooted with Unrevoked Forever
    Running Skyraider 4.0
    Droid Incredible (Stock) - Wife's phones
    TABLETS
    Acer Iconia A500 (Stock) - RETURNED
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 - Future purchase!

I tried the jpg image thing at first as well and it was hit or miss as to which cover would show up, most didn't. I actually have had great luck with Movie Gallery from DVD Catalyst. Its not sluggish at all for me. Have you tried a reboot to see if that helps speed things up. I have 10 movies on my xoom and the gallery seems fine. I will say though that the new 3D flow of the gallery is slightly slower then the original. They have great support have you mentioned to them about the sluggish performance?

Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7.1

Movie Gallery from DVDCat is about the only real option right now. The developer is great. Shoot him an email and give him your thoughts on it, he improves his releases all the time and usually with out a lot of prompting.
    Launch Day HTC Droid Incredible]
    CM 7.1
    whatever the latest version of Chads Incredikernel is out