Honeycomb 3.2 on Xoom soon?!

fortemusic

May 17, 2010
Visit site
We all know the Xoom is Google's flagship device, which is exactly why I am holding on to it...below, check out the link to this interesting Engadget article posted today.

States that: 'As for more current plans, it seems as if the Motorola Xoom -- a slate that was just recently updated to 3.1 -- will see another point increase in the coming weeks, which should give us a solid indication of what to expect software-wise with the MediaPad drops a few months later.'

Looks like we're getting another update in the near, near future, I'm hoping this will also include microSD support and more....

Android 3.2 shipping this summer for 7-inch tablets, Huawei's MediaPad gets handled -- Engadget

dwboston

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
We all know the Xoom is Google's flagship device, which is exactly why I am holding on to it...below, check out the link to this interesting Engadget article posted today.

States that: 'As for more current plans, it seems as if the Motorola Xoom -- a slate that was just recently updated to 3.1 -- will see another point increase in the coming weeks, which should give us a solid indication of what to expect software-wise with the MediaPad drops a few months later.'

Looks like we're getting another update in the near, near future, I'm hoping this will also include microSD support and more....

Android 3.2 shipping this summer for 7-inch tablets, Huawei's MediaPad gets handled -- Engadget

A post over on the Motorola Xoom support forum indicates that non-US Xooms will be getting the 3.1 update soon, with a Motorola-created SD card activation solution. Matt, the forum admin over there, indicated that the non-US Xooms are not Google Experience Devices, therefore Moto was free to implement its own SD card solution. Hopefully the 3.2 update brings SD card activation to US Xooms, since it appears 3.2 will be the last update until Ice Cream Sandwich is released.

Bendroid55

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Android 3.2 just provides a resolution adjustments for 7 inch tablets. The Xoom will not get nor would it benefit from a 3.2 update.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Android 3.2 just provides a resolution adjustments for 7 inch tablets. The Xoom will not get nor would it benefit from a 3.2 update.

Actually it also has: bug fixes, more hardware acceleration and updates to Movie Studio, Movies, Music and widgets. So the Xoom would benefit. Also, I expect all Honeycomb devices to get the updates within 3-6 weeks after Google officially announces it.

deejayd

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site

It wouldn't hurt to do some reading before posting. The 7" support was just the initial information gleaned from the Huawei press release. More has been revealed and posted on numerous sites since then. The Xoom will be getting 3.2 in the next few weeks.

Check this article for info:

Android Honeycomb 3.2 coming this summer, will support 7-inch screens, Qualcomm processors | This is my next...

And yes, they're a very reliable source.

Edit: those other replies weren't there when I originally pressed the reply button.

Bendroid55

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
It wouldn't hurt to do some reading before posting. The 7" support was just the initial information gleaned from the Huawei press release. More has been revealed and posted on numerous sites since then. The Xoom will be getting 3.2 in the next few weeks.

Check this article for info:

Android Honeycomb 3.2 coming this summer, will support 7-inch screens, Qualcomm processors | This is my next...

And yes, they're a very reliable source.

Edit: those other replies weren't there when I originally pressed the reply button.

If what I said turns out to be wrong than so be it, I'm not perfect, but don't tell me I didn't do any reading.

"Huawei tells us that Honeycomb 3.2 is essentially the same as 3.1, but specifically tailored to 7-inch tablets as opposed to 10-inch."

Huawei MediaPad revealed: world's first 7-inch Android 3.2 tablet, dual-core 1.2GHz Qualcomm CPU -- Engadget

OlReagan

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
indicated that the non-US Xooms are not Google Experience Devices, therefore Moto was free to implement its own SD card solution.

Glad to see that google is giving an official title to their screwing over of international users, and now we know who to blame for the SD holdup. I'm a huge fan of google, but being an american schooling over-seas with my xoom has been an eye opener, I feel bad for international users.

HTCSense

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I feel sorry for international Xoom owners.

The Asus Transformer will probably get 3.2 before intl xooms get 3.1. (Incoming cliche comment) Motorola does not care about anyone outside the US, this is like the milestone all over again.

Anyway, I am more interested on what Ice Cream will offer. Its good to hear that 3.2 will be the last Honeycomb release

deejayd

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
If what I said turns out to be wrong than so be it, I'm not perfect, but don't tell me I didn't do any reading.

"Huawei tells us that Honeycomb 3.2 is essentially the same as 3.1, but specifically tailored to 7-inch tablets as opposed to 10-inch."

Huawei MediaPad revealed: world's first 7-inch Android 3.2 tablet, dual-core 1.2GHz Qualcomm CPU -- Engadget

As I said, that information was based solely on Huawei's initial announcement. Updated info came later in the day. So I dunno, do more reading :p

anon(257429)

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

I am sure it wouldn't be 3.2 but more of 3.1.1 if it was just screen enhancements ... Like 3.0 to 3.0.1(flash enabling) to 3.1

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I don't care what they call the next update as long as it includes USB Mass Storage Mode support. I suppose I shouldn't hold my breath.

ccostel#AC

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I installed Honeycomb 3.2 last night on my wifi only Xoom. It popped up around 11:30 CST and said it was ready to install. Install took about 2 or 3 minutes including the reboot. Haven't had time to play with it yet.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc