Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default portfolio case problem

I noticed this the other day when I opened my Xoom portfolio case from Motorola. Has anyone else had this problem?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails portfolio case problem-xoom-casw-1.jpg   portfolio case problem-xoom-case-2.jpg  
    Droiderator

ROM
    Bugless Nexus

Ouch. I have not seen that on mine.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

That hasn't happen on mine either.

Not like that! Mine is slightly getting some wear and tare there but nothing like that. My guess is that you just open the lid and fold it back right? It looks like that with some twisting could have done that.

I've got some wear in the same spots, but nothing like that.

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

Had mine since February, no wear showing at all there. I did mod the case so I can keep it closed when charging...don't know that that would make a difference though.

Mine is still good.

Mine is fine as well but that scares me

Motorola corrected this. Check out the attached pic of how they prevent this from happening now. (Notice the extra threads)
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by Joehenrymayfield View Post
    Motorola corrected this. Check out the attached pic of how they prevent this from happening now. (Notice the extra threads)
    Those extra threads are up at the first fold near the speaker, my problems is at the middle folds. There aren't any extra threads there.

I went to my Verizon store and they replaced it on the spot, no questions asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Joehenrymayfield View Post
    Would that even protect the actual edge from deterioration? Those stitches just make it look like it would stop deterioration from progressing all the way to the other side.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    ROM
    BuglessBeast 4.1.1

Wow, yeah, I haven't had any problems like that at all with my case. I may try treating it a bit better now that I've seen that though!
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by jeres88 View Post
    Wow, yeah, I haven't had any problems like that at all with my case. I may try treating it a bit better now that I've seen that though!
    Yea I plan on that from here on out as well.