Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    ROM
    Redenbacher

Lightbulb Bluetooth to home Stereo WIRELESS How to / Product Review

I FINALLY made a video tonight to show you how I connect my Xoom ( and every single other device that I own ) to my home stereo via bluetooth.

It requires a product ( sony 2 way bluetooth adapter ) ( a little spendy , but clutch ). I do recommend the product, but have since moved on to a new soundbar which does similar. But the soundbar is far more expensive than this device...

I use it all the time, and if you don't have a way to wireless connect your Xoom ( or any other android, iphone, computer etc ) it works..

writeup and product links HERE

10 Pics on Flickr

iphone android xoom ipad Bluetooth Home Stereo 08 by BooyaGadget, on Flickr

Also, I'd like to give a huge thanks to members and Android moderators for the love on my
    I write about all my personal projects. love to write and make videos, and I upload a crapload to flickr. game reviews, demos, how tos. love it, check it out at BooyaGadget.

There is a much cheaper way of doing this that also has other advantages. If you pick up a Plantronics Pulsar 260 BT headset with dongle. There is also an audio cable included that will allow you to plug into the audio input jack on your stereo (you may need an adapter depending on the type of input jack your stereo has).

You will also have the option of streaming music thru the dongle to the included headset while at the gym, etc. If your car stereo has an aux input jack you can plug the audio cable into it as well to stream music from your phone.

Here is a link to the Plantronics Pulsar 260, and the Sony 2 way Bluetooth device the OP was talking about.

Plantronics: Amazon.com: Plantronics UPP260 Plantronics Pulsar 260 Stereo: Cell Phones & Accessories

Sony: Amazon.com: Sony Two-Way Bluetooth Adapter for iPod and MP3 Players: Electronics
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    ROM
    Redenbacher

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    There is a much cheaper way of doing this that also has other advantages. If you pick up a Plantronics Pulsar 260 BT headset with dongle. There is also an audio cable included that will allow you to plug into the audio input jack on your stereo (you may need an adapter depending on the type of input jack your stereo has).

You will also have the option of streaming music thru the dongle to the included headset while at the gym, etc. If your car stereo has an aux input jack you can plug the audio cable into it as well to stream music from your phone.

Here is a link to the Plantronics Pulsar 260, and the Sony 2 way Bluetooth device the OP was talking about.

Plantronics: Amazon.com: Plantronics UPP260 Plantronics Pulsar 260 Stereo: Cell Phones & Accessories

Sony: Amazon.com: Sony Two-Way Bluetooth Adapter for iPod and MP3 Players: Electronics
    That's a pretty cool little option ( plantronics ) as well.
    thanks live2ride883. weird in the amazon posting for the plantronics there's not much info in that thing..

how well does hte plantronics work with multiple devices ? do you have to resync it each time you change a device or is it in "always listenening" mode ?
    I write about all my personal projects. love to write and make videos, and I upload a crapload to flickr. game reviews, demos, how tos. love it, check it out at BooyaGadget.

Quote Originally Posted by acozzens View Post
    That's a pretty cool little option ( plantronics ) as well.
    thanks live2ride883. weird in the amazon posting for the plantronics there's not much info in that thing..

how well does hte plantronics work with multiple devices ? do you have to resync it each time you change a device or is it in "always listenening" mode ?
    Like any other BT device once they are paired it will automatically connect. I have had mine for over a year and it works great. I actually used it in my car as I described in my earlier post before I purchased a head unit that has BT built in.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    ROM
    Redenbacher

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    Like any other BT device once they are paired it will automatically connect. I have had mine for over a year and it works great. I actually used it in my car as I described in my earlier post before I purchased a head unit that has BT built in.
    Yeah, my head unit in my car also has built in bluetooth.

Regarding the pairing: Yes, once paired a device ( phone / tablet / etc ) will certainly remember the connection, but in the case of the sony adapter, it doesn't like to be switched back and forth between products. So if I go from my Xoom, then switch to WP7, it forces me to put the receiver back in discovery mode. Kind of like it "only remembers the last device connected to it" but forgets your 2nd device until you resync it...." it is a knock on the product, I'd have to test the plantronics version but it seems like a solid if not better option. I updated the writeup with a link to this discussion and the plantronics. thanks for the input.

In the end, it's great to be able to pump music and sound from video through the home stereo..
    later, thanks.