Is Google going black?

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
"How does this have anything to do with Honeycomb or the Xoom?" Well let me explain.

Google has always been a little vanilla, with Android 1 through 2.2, it's always been very bright. Well now I am thinking Google is switching to darker UIs, example was the update 2.3, which made the entire UI extremely darker. That was nice, it was sleek, but not only was the UI dark, but the device was too... Ever since then, everything has been becoming dark with Google on it, the Google home page toolbar has completely changed colour:

Google.png

Now why do I post this on the Xoom forums? Read on.

Now, that wasn't the only change, the other change was YouTube, Google search implementations and Music.

The YouTube interface has also changed

YouTube-1.png

Google search has become more and more unified, with Google Search doodles getting ported to the Mobile site, Google instant being available for mobile, Google sync on tablets, Google Voice search, and finally Google Music Beta. You all know Android is based around Google services, but I have a feeling that it will eventually lead to a point where every Google product will be updated together, or where every Google product will just be the same across every platform.

Now to sum up how does this have anything to do with Honeycomb or the Xoom? Well the Honeycomb UI is dark or black, and word from Google is that Ice Cream(2.4 for mobile phones) will be a lot like Honeycomb with looks and functionality. I have a feeling that Android will finally start to gain the same "Apple products" that Apple provides for its iPads and iPhones (iCloud services, iTunes, etc.). What's the point of this post? To see how you feel about it, if this change is good or bad, sure it's all just appearance and minor tweaks, but, to me, it feels more than that. It feels as if Google will start to integrate tablets, phones, Chromebooks, Desktops, even your TV in one easy to manage base, all with the same UI, it's just these UI changes are just indications of what might happen. As of now, Google has integrated some of their services, but not all, some services are missing such as video rentals on Mobile phones or syncing on the mobile browser.

In conclusion, Google has started showing some indications that the future of Android will not just be the future of tablets and phones, but the future of search, mail, video, books, music, news, everything that Google offers, will be available across all of their platforms supported. Anyone here agree? Your thoughts?

Maikai.Guy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
First, they will never go back. ;-)

Um.. yeah... Google has always been trying to take over the world. This shouldn't be news to anyone. Pick your poison... Apple or Google. At least Google is a bit more altruistic. That's probably due to the fact they need to enlist legions of manufacturers to realize their goal of world domination. Let's see how long that lasts. We've already seen the demise of available source.

gregg37

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
It's actually the integrated toolbar for the "Google+" social service.

You'll see it on top of any Google hosted site from here on out. It'll do more shortly.

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
It's actually the integrated toolbar for the "Google+" social service.

You'll see it on top of any Google hosted site from here on out. It'll do more shortly.

Knew something fishy was going on, forgot all about these Google Social Networking rumours... lol

Sent from my Nexus S

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member