Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 64
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Who is getting the Xoom 4g LTE (Xoom 2)?

    (This was taken from another thread posted by)

    Follow up: I spoke with a Verizon customer service manager today to request the two month credit on my Xoom data plan (as discussed in another thread). She was unable to give me the credit and indicated that Motorola was unable to get the LTE radio to function with the Chipset and that there would be an announcement in the coming days giving current owners a $100 rebate card, or an option of 20 percent off of the two year renewal cost of the Xoom 4G LTE (otherwise known as the Xoom 2) when it is released in late July.

    Not sure how informed she was, perhaps even a disgruntled employee, but it is a good source of information so I thought I would pass it along.

    (This was taken from another thread posted by Shaneneff)

    Follow up: I spoke with a Verizon customer service manager today to request the two month credit on my Xoom data plan (as discussed in another thread). She was unable to give me the credit and indicated that Motorola was unable to get the LTE radio to function with the Chipset and that there would be an announcement in the coming days giving current owners a $100 rebate card, or an option of 20 percent off of the two year renewal cost of the Xoom 4G LTE (otherwise known as the Xoom 2) when it is released in late July.

    Not sure how informed she was, perhaps even a disgruntled employee, but it is a good source of information so I thought I would pass it along.

    Who believes this and if its true who is going to buy it?
  2. #2  
    tntdroid's Avatar
    Droiderator

    Posts
    5,672 Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Nexus

    Default

    I would be happy to take the $100 as I don't use the data anyway. Just needed to have the Xoom day one so I bought it. If the 2 has a bunch of better things I would think about it.

    Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Who is getting the Xoom 4g LTE (Xoom 2)?

    Quote Originally Posted by mrboss23 View Post
    Not sure how informed she was, perhaps even a disgruntled employee, but it is a good source of information so I thought I would pass it along.

    Who believes this and if its true who is going to buy it?
    Reminds me of the Bionic rumors a bit. Not sure what to think myself. At first I was in denial as it seemed like it contradicts all the other blurbs that have gone out (including the email from them that leaked accidentally...) But then the story seems well thought out enough to maybe not be an off-the-cuff answer. I suspect Motorola would take some *seriously* bad press if this happens as not only does it cause a serious lack of trust, the "deal" they give you really isn't much of a deal. I bet even at $100 or 20% off they are still making money on it. Verizon should be worried as with the ETF cancellation blurb up on Droid-Life today, people could easily use this as gambling point to terminate service.

    Does make me think a bit as my wife REALLY likes my Xoom... so wouldn't mind a 2nd... If I could get the data plan cancelled on the current Xoom and moved to the new one with a good deal, then it's not all bad as I suspect my wife will get what she wants

    -Mike
    Last edited by mloebl; 06-29-2011 at 08:53 PM.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Who is getting the Xoom 4g LTE (Xoom 2)?

    Quote Originally Posted by mrboss23 View Post
    (This was taken from another thread posted by)

    Follow up: I spoke with a Verizon customer service manager today to request the two month credit on my Xoom data plan (as discussed in another thread). She was unable to give me the credit and indicated that Motorola was unable to get the LTE radio to function with the Chipset and that there would be an announcement in the coming days giving current owners a $100 rebate card, or an option of 20 percent off of the two year renewal cost of the Xoom 4G LTE (otherwise known as the Xoom 2) when it is released in late July.

    Not sure how informed she was, perhaps even a disgruntled employee, but it is a good source of information so I thought I would pass it along.

    (This was taken from another thread posted by Shaneneff)

    Follow up: I spoke with a Verizon customer service manager today to request the two month credit on my Xoom data plan (as discussed in another thread). She was unable to give me the credit and indicated that Motorola was unable to get the LTE radio to function with the Chipset and that there would be an announcement in the coming days giving current owners a $100 rebate card, or an option of 20 percent off of the two year renewal cost of the Xoom 4G LTE (otherwise known as the Xoom 2) when it is released in late July.

    Not sure how informed she was, perhaps even a disgruntled employee, but it is a good source of information so I thought I would pass it along.

    Who believes this and if its true who is going to buy it?

    Where did the original information get posted?
  5. #5  
    erzhik's Avatar

    Posts
    189 Posts
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts

    Default Re: Who is getting the Xoom 4g LTE (Xoom 2)?

    If this is true, $100 is not gonna cut it.
    Thanked by:
    Arun01 
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Who is getting the Xoom 4g LTE (Xoom 2)?

    Quote Originally Posted by erzhik View Post
    If this is true, $100 is not gonna cut it.
    I agree...



    I bet that one guy that couldn't wait to take someone to court over the 4G is drooling over this rumor.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Who is getting the Xoom 4g LTE (Xoom 2)?

    Honestly, the xoom situation with the SD card and the 4g problem makes me think twice about purchasing another Motorola product. I'm a die hard xoom fan but really have a sour taste in my mouth. I believe I will purchase the xoom 4g because I now it would be a better device then the xoom but I will never purchase an unfinished product again
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Who is getting the Xoom 4g LTE (Xoom 2)?

    Quote Originally Posted by mrboss23 View Post
    Honestly, the xoom situation with the SD card and the 4g problem makes me think twice about purchasing another Motorola product. I'm a die hard xoom fan but really have a sour taste in my mouth. I believe I will purchase the xoom 4g because I now it would be a better device then the xoom but I will never purchase an unfinished product again
    you could always just wait till xoom 2 or whatever comes out for a couple of weeks, listen to opinions and then purchase.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Who is getting the Xoom 4g LTE (Xoom 2)?

    What i really want to know is that if they are making a xoom 2 or Xoom 4g LTE, will anything be different other than the antennae?

    Will there be a xoom 2 wifi? i would like a xoom 2 wifi also being released end of July.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Who is getting the Xoom 4g LTE (Xoom 2)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Oxn View Post
    What i really want to know is that if they are making a xoom 2 or Xoom 4g LTE, will anything be different other than the antennae?

    Will there be a xoom 2 wifi? i would like a xoom 2 wifi also being released end of July.
    I'm sure the device will be thinner, lighter and be priced around the iPad 2.
    grizzlybuck likes this.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Who is getting the Xoom 4g LTE (Xoom 2)?

    Quote Originally Posted by tjlandberg View Post
    I'm sure the device will be thinner, lighter and be priced around the iPad 2.
    If they price the Xoom competively this time around (1-200 less all around) then the Xoom price is going to drop big time.

    I would buy a $300 Xoom wifi.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Who is getting the Xoom 4g LTE (Xoom 2)?

    Quote Originally Posted by erzhik View Post
    If this is true, $100 is not gonna cut it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    I agree...

    I bet that one guy that couldn't wait to take someone to court over the 4G is drooling over this rumor.
    I totally agree with you on that sentiment. I bought the 3G/4G version knowing that I would primarily use the wireless capability, but not wanting to box myself out of a future potential need/want to activate the data.

    If this is true, I'm going to be super bummed out. No doubt on that one guy wanting to go to court, but he may now have converted me over to his view/opinion. I bought the Xoom based on good faith that Motorola would live up to their promise.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Who is getting the Xoom 4g LTE (Xoom 2)?

    I really doubt this is true, but if it was, it would not be acceptable. What would be acceptable would be a one-for-one trade for the new model.

    Considering that Samsung uses Tegra 2 and apparently have it working on LTE, I have my doubts that Motorola could not get the LTE to work with it.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Who is getting the Xoom 4g LTE (Xoom 2)?

    Well I don't know if anyone saw the post over at droid life but Asus will have a new tablet out in October with Tegra 3 & that's where my money's going if Motorola don't step up with one by that time.....my 2 cents...
    Last edited by Arun01; 06-30-2011 at 07:13 PM. Reason: typo
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Who is getting the Xoom 4g LTE (Xoom 2)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arun01 View Post
    Well I don't know if anyone saw the post over at droid life but Asus will have a new tablet out in October with Tegra 3 & that's where my money's going if Motorola don't step up with one by that time.....my 2 cents...
    I might have to take a look at that as well...
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Who is getting the Xoom 4g LTE (Xoom 2)?

    I have been patient. I have been understanding. This would be the lastvstraw. I would have waited if I knew 4g would not be available. I will remain calm though till we hear something definitive. Rumors are not something to raise your blood pressure over. For all we know someone is sitting back laughing their fool head off at getting people riled up.

    Yes they are late, but that is not the same as not fulfilling the commitment.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Who is getting the Xoom 4g LTE (Xoom 2)?

    I don't believe this rumor. No way Jose.
  18. #18  
    bworley50's Avatar

    Posts
    922 Posts
    Global Posts
    924 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ATM

    Default Re: Who is getting the Xoom 4g LTE (Xoom 2)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Xm_jdm View Post
    I don't believe this rumor. No way Jose.
    At this point, rumor. To all those that scoffed at the sentiment of legal action. Ha. If true, I would never accept their deal. I would expect nothing less than a complete replacement for the new model.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Who is getting the Xoom 4g LTE (Xoom 2)?

    Stopped in to pay my bill and asked the store manager if he heard of thus rumor and he laughed at me. Said that if it were true that Verizon would **** off every Xoom owner. He then said that its coming (4G) and that the wait is nearly over.
  20. #20  
    Smokexz's Avatar

    Posts
    900 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,117 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Not me, might get the next Galaxy Tab or Asus tablet. These devices should last us til Q2 2012.

    Sent from my Xoom
    Devices: Samsung Nexus S 4.0.1(alpha, of course), Samsung Vibrant 2.3.5 CM7 w/ Glitch Kernel v13, broken HTC Dream, and a Google Cr-48 with Ubuntu 11.10
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Who is getting the Xoom 4g LTE (Xoom 2)?

    That sucks!
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

    Default Re: Who is getting the Xoom 4g LTE (Xoom 2)?

    Breaking News check out this article. New Motorola tablet hits FCC, Now I'm pissed.

  23. #23  

    Default Re: Who is getting the Xoom 4g LTE (Xoom 2)?

    If you check out the Motorola site, you don't even see them mention LTE anywhere for the Xoom anymore.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Who is getting the Xoom 4g LTE (Xoom 2)?

    man, that bomb...that was the only reason to get the xoom was LTE
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Who is getting the Xoom 4g LTE (Xoom 2)?

    In an odd sort of way, the idea of coming up with a Xoom with the built in LTE almost makes sense for them. I think what Motorola did was make a huge mistake on something on the Xoom and are now trying to correct it with a newer tablet engineered around the LTE. They certainly don't want to keep selling the current model, that would have to be sent in to them to have LTE added (once it is available). It is cheaper for them to do a redesign.

    What it does tell me, if the FCC approval is true, is that the current Xoom LTE may well be a kludgy, haphazard and half baked solution that may or may not work reliably.

    I do stick with my original conclusion that Motorola should not have released this until LTE was ready on it. Would have saved them a lot of unhappy customers and the resultant bad will.

    We will just have to wait and see.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B