Help with sending external e-mail

comptalk

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I am having a problem with sending external e-mail within my xoom (wifi version). I need to send an receive e-mails from my blogs, which are not gmail, hotmail or aol addresses. They are website addresses from each web site like me@domain.com. I can receive the e-mails fine. However, I cannot send. Web hosts do not allow you to use their servers, I.E. smtp.domain.com, to send mail, only receive. I tried with my GMail account, however, the e-mail does not come from the domain, it comes from the GMail.com e-mail account.

Does anyone operate their own site and have a site e-mail address that is able to send e-mail through their xoom? If I am at home, I can use Cablevision's mail server, but when I am out and about, I cannot. What do you guys recommend I do?

Please help and advise if anyone has some suggestions.

bmhanson

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Why do you say web hosts do not allow you to send mail through their servers. That is all I ever do since I have my own hosted domain I use for email. Works fine with no problem. The only issue I have ever come up against is some ISPs block the default ports used to send mail. Generally you can either request they unblock those for you or more likely your hosting provider already has alternate ports set up for their SMTP server. Have you checked with them to see what setting you need to use to send mail?

I have used a couple different hosting providers to send mail and not had any issues so if your host does not allow you to send mail then I would say it is time to look for a new hosting provider. It also could be that their outgoing mail server is not SMTP.yourdomain. They could have named it different. My current provider uses mail. For both incomint and SMTP server.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey