3g slide problem or ignorance?

metsfan89

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys. Just got my slide a few week ago and loving it. I'm coming off of a blackberry and after playing with this phone I would have to say rims OS is completely outdated. Anyway my one problem is I can't get my hotmail account emails right away like as soon as they send. I'm getting gmail fine though. Is there a setting or something I can change to make my emails come through when they are supposed to? It seems like I only get the emails from hotmail when I refresh. Thanks for the help in advance.

izzzy12k

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Well the way that android and windows mobile fetch mail is by scheduled event...

When you set up your email (in the mail app) you can schedule how frequently your email is checked for new items... and how much of the email is actually downloaded.

Simply set your email to every 5 or 15 minutes and you will be notified more frequently.

You will need to balance your frequency of email checking with the amount of each email that is downloaded to match you needs and average time of your battery life.

metsfan89

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Thanks man. I figured out what I did wrong. I had everything set up correctly but I have that email widget running so it would show me my messages until I opened it up. Got rid of the widget and now its fine again :)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463