Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Email search function

Ok should be a simple thing but how do I search for a sender or maybe a key word in an email? Non gmail

Yah well, Android doesn't do it. Unbelievable, huh? And those guys are the search experts.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Wow that is a bummer

Default Re: Email search function

Completely UNACCEPTABLE! I was offered the upgrade from a Blackberry BOLD. Now I know: Blackberry rules the email realm AND internal search. The X2 upgrade has cost me dearly in productivity at work. Email search is an assumed BASIC device function for those that actually need to get things done at work. X2 has some really neat technology but is mostly just a glorified techie toy...I await the engineers' awakening...WTF?

Default Re: Email search function

Quote Originally Posted by grayghostss View Post
    Completely UNACCEPTABLE! I was offered the upgrade from a Blackberry BOLD. Now I know: Blackberry rules the email realm AND internal search. The X2 upgrade has cost me dearly in productivity at work. Email search is an assumed BASIC device function for those that actually need to get things done at work. X2 has some really neat technology but is mostly just a glorified techie toy...I await the engineers' awakening...WTF?
    ...Now looking for an app that "patches" this gaping hole in design. Looking at Quickdroid and a couple of others. I need to be able to search for keywords and contacts in my downloaded emails -from ALL accounts, not just Gmail (which I was forced to utilize for contacts and calendar sync). Any suggestions?