Want to get unlocked slide, have a couple questions

GadgetMomma

Jan 28, 2010
jennbailey0706.wordpress.com
I want to get a myTouch 3G slide (unlocked) to use on AT&T, and I Just had a couple questions before I did.

I know that purchasing it unlocked will likely mean that it won't work on AT&T's 3G network, and I'm actually fine with that. I'm not very many places that doesn't have wifi anymore, so it most likely won't be an issue.

The main question I have is: Since I'm getting it unlocked, will it come with all of the T-Mobile stuff on it? Not just the logo, but the software tweaks, like the Faves, or all the extra stuff that T-Mobile has added on top of the Sense UI? Like I know that several of the reviews mentioned the Faves, for example, as well as the "bubble icons" versus how they were different with standard Sense. Some of the stuff I would like to have (like the Modes and Themes) and some of the other stuff I can do without, so it's a toss up either way, but it was just something I was wondering. I've watched reviews on the phone, and think it looks like a good fit for me (and I check out hardware and software wise) but I don't want to get an unlocked phone and be completely surprised by a totally different UI, if that makes sense. (No pun intended =} )

This is just the first phone I'm purchasing unlocked, and I wasn't sure how that affected the phone. So any help would be appreciated! Thanks a lot!

(Annnd I know people might think I'm crazy buying an unlocked phone instead of getting the Captivate, but I want a qwerty keyboard.) =P

AnAm85

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I suggest contacting cellunlocker.net. They are a site that helps you unlock any phone. They have a Toll Free number for questions. It is 1-800-507-7099. Maybe they can help cause I sure know I can't! Lol, good luck!

GadgetMomma

Jan 28, 2010
jennbailey0706.wordpress.com
Thanks, I'll give them a try.

I'm not sure if this is what you meant, but I was actually going to purchase a phone that was already unlocked - I wasn't going to try to get a t-mobile version then unlock it. There's a website that sells them already unlocked. So I was just wondering if one that was made to be an unlocked version (not to be sold w/in a T-Mobile contract) would be T-Mobile free, or if ALL myTouch slides would have the T-mobile bloatware regardless of whether it was locked or unlocked.