MyTouch 3G Slide Won't Power Back On

alan_cb

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I have the solution to turn it on. :)

That happened to my MyTouch 3G Slide. :O

It happened on the 2nd day of having the phone. The power/lock button stopped working. I almost returned it for a new MyTouch 3G Slide, but I found out an unusual trick of turning it back on.

Because your phone is able to charge, there is still hope to fix the issue.

Follow the instructions below to solve the issue:

On the QWERTY keyboard, press and hold the left "SHIFT" key.

While holding the left "SHIFT" key, press and release the power/lock button of the phone.

From there, your phone should turn on.
:)

Note: The power/lock button will not work any longer. However, it will still work if you use the same instructions of turning on your phone. That means, you might get annoyed locking your phone because the locking process may lag. In addition, you will see some lag when loading the "Power Off" menu.

If this doesn't work:

Instead of holding the left "SHIFT" key, press and hold the left "FN" key.

While holding
the left "FN" key, press and release the power/lock button.

From there, your phone should turn on.

If this still doesn't work, try doing the same thing with other keys or any other button on the phone. Good luck! :)

Reactions: lfveliz9

ZoL

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
=))))

Wow man thxs alot i had my phone messed up for like 1week and a half i was looking for a solution and thxs to you i got it =)

swimmermolly

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Crashing and won't turn back on!

I've had my mytouch 3g slide for about 10 months and last week it decided to crash and power off when it was fully charged, so took out the battery and put it back in hoping it would reset it but it didnt and hasnt been able to power back on in a week. I called T-moblie and they said i needed to update the phone, well i can only update the phone when it is on....What do i do?! Help! I have tried the key thing witht he power buttoon but that isnt working either.

shoobydooby

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: I have the solution to turn it on. :)

My phone hasnt been working for almost a year and i got it to turn on !!!!!!!!!!!! OMG Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

elbair

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: I have the solution to turn it on. :)

THANK YOU THANK YOU - I just almost bought a new phone that would have costed way too much when I already like this one. Great help, glad I looked online.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress