myTouch 4G Swivel Dock

david20817

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I checked out the dock in the store. It was disappointing. It does not use the 3 contacts on the side of the phone but instead uses the micro-USB port which is hard to line up as you are sliding the phone in the dock. After being excited about it coming out, I ultimately passed on it.

AgTitan06

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I got one for free from our TMo account rep, but I was kind of bummed when I received it and saw it uses microUSB and not the 3 charging ports. Oh well, it's still nice though. Now I just need a car dock to come out...

danperde

Not quite a noob
Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I got the dock, but after using it I'm thinking that the guy who designed it must have been drunk at least.
First, when you put the phone in place and try to align the usb ports, the power button always gets pushed. So basically if the phone it's turned off and you want to charge it will always turn on.
Second, when the phone is in the dock you have no access to the volume buttons. The dock comes with bluetooth and 3.5mm jack output, but with no access to volume if you listen to music.....:confused: I ended up getting an app for screen access to volume.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I checked out the dock in the store. It was disappointing. It does not use the 3 contacts on the side of the phone but instead uses the micro-USB port which is hard to line up as you are sliding the phone in the dock. After being excited about it coming out, I ultimately passed on it.

You're being too kind. Putting it into the dock is a gigantic pain in the ass. It doesn't 'slide' in, you have to pop it in the front, and then push it down gently. While I appreciate the thought with having it swivel, they should have utilized the charging contacts.

geckx7

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I got the dock, but after using it I'm thinking that the guy who designed it must have been drunk at least.
First, when you put the phone in place and try to align the usb ports, the power button always gets pushed. So basically if the phone it's turned off and you want to charge it will always turn on.
Second, when the phone is in the dock you have no access to the volume buttons. The dock comes with bluetooth and 3.5mm jack output, but with no access to volume if you listen to music.....:confused: I ended up getting an app for screen access to volume.

The dock home has a volume slider on it.