1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New to Rooting and have some questions??

If I where to root my my touch 4G is the a app store like cydia where you can get rooted apps from.

Default Re: New to Rooting and have some questions??

Yes, because most of the awesome apps on android require root. so your in luck, dude. anyway i got root also.

Actually, most of the rooted apps you can get are on the android market..

No need for a second store, though we do have a few other outlets for apps, like Getjar.

ROM
    CyanogenMod N252

Quote Originally Posted by JasenMinus View Post
    Actually, most of the rooted apps you can get are on the android market..

No need for a second store, though we do have a few other outlets for apps, like Getjar.
    This is correct. There a few places to get apps from, legally, the Android Market, Amazon, Get Jar, SlideIT.

Since Google doesn't frown upon rooted devices they offer them like they offer any other app. Just make sure that is says "root required" prior to downloading.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 Verizon | Cyanogen(mod) 10.1
    Asus Transformer TF101 | Cyanogen(mod)
    Nook Color | Cyanogen(mod)
    Logitech Revue
    Past : HTC Glacier / HTC Sapphire / HTC Dream / Blackberry 8100, 8310, 8700, 8900, 9700

thanks...one more question. when i was installing a rom i picked 2.3.5 but i saw there was an ICS rom available...are the ICS roms for this phone fully functional yet?

ROM
    CyanogenMod N252

Quote Originally Posted by bxborn31 View Post
    thanks...one more question. when i was installing a rom i picked 2.3.5 but i saw there was an ICS rom available...are the ICS roms for this phone fully functional yet?
    It's a port off of the SDK. Some people are using as their daily drivers. However i'd either use Cyanogen Mod's 2.3.7 and wait on ICS to be fully unconditional or use what you are planning on using.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 Verizon | Cyanogen(mod) 10.1
    Asus Transformer TF101 | Cyanogen(mod)
    Nook Color | Cyanogen(mod)
    Logitech Revue
    Past : HTC Glacier / HTC Sapphire / HTC Dream / Blackberry 8100, 8310, 8700, 8900, 9700
    Thanked by: