Need help, MT4G 2.2.1 cannot root using Visionary method

clu1688

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Hi there,

I bought a used MT4G, perfectly working condition. I have not put a SIM card in yet, just using WIFI for now. Everything works fine.I can access Market and install apps. The phone was working fine with a working SIM as I tried it before buying it.

Android version is 2.2.1.
Baseband: 12.28b.60.140eU_26.03.02.26_M
Kernel: 2.6.32.21-g899d047 htc-kernel@and18-2#1

The problem is, I followed the sticky to root this phone, the Visionary method. Everything seemed OK until the last step, I cannot get S-OFF (remained ON) and in Terminal Simulator SU is denied, permission denied.

Now I have tried various Visionary, v11, v14, still cannot make it root.

In Visionary, I tried all combinations of "R/W after root" , "Run Visionary.sh after root" checked and not-checked. No difference.

Please someone share some insights as to what is going on? I am happy with temproot provided by Visionary, but I want to install custom ROMs.

Maybe there is another way to root it?

Many thanks to this forum, and look forward to some new ideas,

mjneid

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like you have a bad eMMC chipset. Which means you can only root with the ./gfree method.

with that being said i would highly advise against you rooting as that chip has been known to fail for no reason at all leaving you stranded. And since the device will be s-off HTC and T-Mobile do not have to honor any warranty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress