myTouch 4g sound not working

staypuffinpc

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I have a myTouch 4g from t-Mobile that has worked great for 2 years. I don't remember dropping it or exposing it to any unbecoming elements in any way but the sound has stopped working all around, EXCEPT for when I plug in the headphones and use the FM Radio from the Media Room app. Even with the headphones in, I cannot get sound from any other app. I have tired removing the battery, SIM card, SD card, and even ran a factory reset, all to no avail. I can listen to the radio and people can hear me when they call, but I cannot hear them. Inasmuch as I can hear just fine when using the radio, I'd think it were a software issue, but I've tried resetting all the software in every way I know how and I am still left without sound. Any clue how to get the sound working again? (btw, I've taken it to a phone repair shop, but they won't touch it).:-\

staypuffinpc

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I found a repair shop that would take it. The tech was able to get the sound working, but then it was scratchy and would go in and out. My guess was that he somehow didn't connect things all the way, so I took it back a few times indicating it wasn't fully fixed. He tried a few times, but ended up not being able to fix it. After several months of no working cell phone, I finally broke down and bought a new HTC One (which also has microphone problems, interestingly enough). Wish I could say I'd found a better solution.:(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781