- 02-23-2014, 08:43 AM #2
Re: I'm rooted. How to install a ROM?
Welcome to the forums!
General steps are root, flash a custom recovery (often this is included if not required for root access), make a Nandroid backup (a copy of the OS in case something goes wrong), download and install the ROM.
Now, you may be limited in options depending on your device. You can check out XDA for most ROM options, or you can look at the websites of MIUI, or Cyanogenmod. Granted Cyanogen is not MIUI, but another good ROM.'From one thing, you learn a thousand things.' - From the Earth Book in the Book of Five Rings
'Dream as if you'll live forever; Live as if you'll die today.' - James Dean
Current Devices: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0)
Retired Devices: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch)
Traded Devices: Galaxy S3
Community Guidelines: Here
And also: Here
- By duffieldj1 in forum Virgin Mobile Optimus VReplies: 19Last Post: Yesterday, 09:40 PM
- By Courtenay Dawn in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 10Last Post: 02-25-2014, 01:09 AM
- By Arlizz in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 3Last Post: 02-24-2014, 02:38 PM
- By Ibrahim Eldeeb in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1Replies: 1Last Post: 02-23-2014, 09:08 AM
- By mcbane1981 in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 0Last Post: 02-23-2014, 02:56 AM