1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    The Tuba Geek

Global Posts
    314 Global Posts
    ROM
    ZIPS ICS 4.0.5

Default Ice Glacier 1.1.4

Who here has upgraded to the latest Ice Glacier Build? If you did, what did you have to do to get all your apps, etc. back? I installed the themed version and did the backup beforehand using ROM Manager. Once the new version installed, it started putting me through the setup and then I all my apps and configurations were gone. No big deal because I did a restore, but that put me back at 1.1.2. do I need a different app to backup just my apps, etc.?
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,883 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by osutuba View Post
    Who here has upgraded to the latest Ice Glacier Build? If you did, what did you have to do to get all your apps, etc. back? I installed the themed version and did the backup beforehand using ROM Manager. Once the new version installed, it started putting me through the setup and then I all my apps and configurations were gone. No big deal because I did a restore, but that put me back at 1.1.2. do I need a different app to backup just my apps, etc.?
    Use titanium backup to backup apps, app data, and settings. I haven't upgraded to the latest version of iced glacier yet cuz I'm lazy.

If you restore everything you'll bed to reset your home screen widgets.

Sent from my myTouch 4G
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

Most apps should be backed up to your gmail account, but you should always backup your apps with Titanium. It restores the application and the data.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
    Current Device: HTC Glacier (MT4G)
    Rooted, Overclocked to 1.8Ghz
    Running Gingerbread 2.3.1

ROM
    GorillaSense v2.2.4

I backed up with Clockwork in Rom Manager, and did a seperate backup in Titanium just to be sure.

Running smooth at 1700+ mhz.

Just got a quadrant of 2260. Once I figure out how to take screenshots, i'll post em up.

ROM
    CM7 nightly builds (r5)

I installed v1.1.5 unthemed, upgraded to v1.1.6 themed, but moved back to a different ROM. However, to answer your questions, you'll have to make sure to make backups w/either Titanium Backup *Root and/or in ClockworkMod recovery. TB will do a batch restore of your backup when you install it again, after flashing to a new ROM, which worked for me when I installed v1.1.5.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    The Tuba Geek

Global Posts
    314 Global Posts
    ROM
    ZIPS ICS 4.0.5

Quote Originally Posted by Arcadia View Post
    Most apps should be backed up to your gmail account, but you should always backup your apps with Titanium. It restores the application and the data.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
    Will the Free version do all that or do I need to purchase the full version?
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,883 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Free version will do it. If you flash a lot the paid version will save a ton of time.

Sent from my myTouch 4G
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

ROM
    GorillaSense v2.2.4

Another good Backup utility that is free I have found is "Backup Root".

Designed for root users and is very easy to use.
    HKM
    Banned

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts

Well just flashed it few days ago and have MT4G running in optimized performance. Also setup my own mCPU scaling profile clocking at max(1.6ghz)/avg(1ghz)/min(768mhz) along with more custom tweaks which gives me long better life and less memory usage.

Before:

After:

Mem stats:
    Last edited by HKM; 01-25-2011 at 02:38 AM.