[ROM]GorillaSense DHD-MT4G-v2.2.4

Gr8gorilla

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
GorillaSense-DHD-MT4G-v2.2.4

You can check out the full changelog and download the ROM here!

Hello AndroidCentral Community. I am Gr8gorilla and have been working creating custom kernels for MT4G as well as my Desire HD Rom Port. At this time the Deisre HD rom is fully working with a few nice little additions.

You get to keep you Front Facing camera and use the original Desire HD camer with a small modification to support the FFC.

You get to keep you genius features with modified Rosie Launcher and your "Hard" Genius button is remapped to search. (Long Press for voice search).
You also get to keep you Swype as well as a few new keyboard options!

This Rom includes my OverClock Kernel. With this kernel you should see improved battery life or at least no degradation as the it is slightly undervolted. For those that don't want to overclock the kernel is set to 806 mhz on boot, which is actually slight underclocking. This kernel also contains a lag fix for Emulators.

There is a Gorilla Button, created by True_Blue Drew, over at XDA. It is available on my site with my ROM. You can come by my site and browse around, download my work and try out the New Sense on you MT4G!

For those that are wondering, www.htcsense.com does work with this rom. The site is a little buggy and isn't perfect but sign up and give it some time.

Last edited:

Gr8gorilla

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Screen Shots:

snap20110101_123414.png
snap20110101_123828.png

snap20110101_123422.png
snap20110101_123427.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Kevin OQuinn

MyTouch 420G

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Agreed. Although I'm new to rooting and the xda site, I've been following your work closely for the past few weeks. Good to see ya on board here as well!

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Quick question. In the themes and add-ons section of your site I see a zip to fix genius button issues. Is that required or is there a way to tell if we need it or not?

And did I read correctly that the latest version of the ROM includes the build.prop fix for protected apps?

osutuba

The Tuba Geek
Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I am currently using Ice Glacier. What do you offer with your ROM in comparison? I am willing to try a different ROM, even though I am very happy with Ice Glacier.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm...my phone won't boot past the myTouch 4G splash screen. I wiped data/factory reset, cache, and dalvik cache before I flashed.

Any ideas?

EDIT: This was not a fault of the ROM or my phone. It was a bad download that has been fixed. I'm now up and running and liking the ROM a lot so far. I will post more impressions later in the day when I've had it running for a little while longer.

Last edited:

Gr8gorilla

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm...my phone won't boot past the myTouch 4G splash screen. I wiped data/factory reset, cache, and dalvik cache before I flashed.

Any ideas?

Could be a bad download, I am double checking my zip with a wipe and a flash now.

My latest release, 2.2.4 has the build.prop fix, the fix for the genius button, my latest kernel, tun.ko module, maybe other stuff that I forgot.

This ROM is different from Iced Glacier because this ROM is HTC's New Sense, Iced Glacier is based off of My Sense, the differences are numerous.

Gr8gorilla

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Just tested my zip, sorry my upload must have been bad, I flashed the version on my computer and it works, I am uploading it now, I will refresh the link on my site. Please re-download after 9:00am.

Sorry for the bad .zip!

Gr8gorilla

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
ROM upload fixed. On my site. I have double checked and everything works. Sorry about the bad start here on Android Central.

The link on my site is ROM Downloads:
GorillaSense-DHD-MT4G-v2.2.4 FIXED

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I got it up and running now. Going through initial setup. (the part I hate the most :p ) Brings back memories of my EVO.

When I try to enable wifi calling it says I'm not registered with the network and asks if I would like to register. I click yes and it doesn't do anything. I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong. Can you point me in the right direction please?

Last edited:

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Was also wondering if icon packs like smooth sense will work with this rom. I love smooth sense (at least having the battery % in the icon)

Sent from my myTouch 4G

Gr8gorilla

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I got it up and running now. Going through initial setup. (the part I hate the most :p ) Brings back memories of my EVO.

When I try to enable wifi calling it says I'm not registered with the network and asks if I would like to register. I click yes and it doesn't do anything. I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong. Can you point me in the right direction please?

Go to settings, wireless and networks, and make sure that the mobile network setting is checked. For some reason I have found it is not always on by default. It is strange that to wifi call you have to be connected to the T-Mobile network so it can authenticate you or something.

I just connected to my work wifi and turned mine on to check it, it is working.

So make sure you are connected to the tmobile network in some way when you turn it on.

About the icon packs, where do they come from? Do they modify the frame-work in any way? If they replace the framwrok-res.apk you will lose your apns. Also if it is not the framwork-res.apk from the Desire HD it will break stuff. Otherwise I recommend a nandroid and then try it. If it doesn't work, you can fix it pretty easy.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'll try the icon pack tonight.

I verified that I'm connected to t-mo (it even told me I am) and the wifi calling app still says I'm not registered. It works on the other rom I had, so idk what gives. :( it's not a deal breaker (i have good service), but the battery life boost is awesome from having it.

Sent from my myTouch 4G

MyTouch 420G

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Downloaded and installing. I'll post up after I'm done to let ya know what I find. Thanks again for your hard work GR8Gor.

If your ever in the Portland area, I'll buy ya a round of beers and buds.

Gr8gorilla

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I'll try the icon pack tonight.

I verified that I'm connected to t-mo (it even told me I am) and the wifi calling app still says I'm not registered. It works on the other rom I had, so idk what gives. :( it's not a deal breaker (i have good service), but the battery life boost is awesome from having it.

Sent from my myTouch 4G

My wifi calling is working after a wipe and flash. If anyone else can confirm it isn't working please post. Try a wipe and reflash if it's not working!

natehoch96

May 23, 2010
Visit site
The Wi-Fi calling is working for me.

My apps didn't tranfer over via the market, is there any reason for this or is this normal? Any way to get them back? Besides that though, the ROM is great. :)

Gr8gorilla

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
The Wi-Fi calling is working for me.

My apps didn't tranfer over via the market, is there any reason for this or is this normal? Any way to get them back? Besides that though, the ROM is great. :)

I have noticed that if you don't setup your google account during the initial setup, that it doens't always transfer the google apps. Not sure why, may be a market thing.

fredmr85

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Awesome - can't wait to root and try some of this stuff out! Had the phone since launch....but just replaced it for the "better" LCD screen - so now I know I wont be needing to reverse anything anytime soon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair