[ROM]GorillaSense DHD-MT4G-v2.2.4

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
So I think the wifi calling issue has something to do with the wifi at work. Although I'm not sure what coulda changed because neither one of us changed any settings. I can connect at home just fine, but when I'm at work it gives me an error message.

Just wanted to let you guys know. And sorry but I didn't get a chance to try the icon pack yet.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm liking this rom the more I use it. Wifi calling now works at work. I'm not sure what the problem was. Something with the wifi, not the rom. Now to start looking for adw ex themes. :p

Still need to try htcsense.com with adw, though.

Sent from my myTouch 4G

natehoch96

May 23, 2010
Visit site
When I restarted my phone, my homescreens were deleted. I put everything back on but it happened again. Is there anyway to fix this?

natehoch96

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Wipe and reflash. You're using sense right?

Sent from my myTouch 4G

I am using Sense, yes. I didn't want to wipe because I just got it the way I like it, so I started uninstalling apps I recently downloaded (especially widgets and live wallpapers). The homescreen thing happened to me on the stock ROM too and I think a widget/live wallpaper was the problem. Uninstalling a couple apps worked for me on the stock ROM so I tried it on this. So far everything is fine for me and lets hope it stays that way! :)

MyTouch 420G

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
While I liked many of the features of the Gorilla Sense, I swapped back to Iced Glacier due to speed issues. Now, I'm not saying it is the rom that is slower, it most likely isn't. With that said, my benchmarks with Iced Glacier seem to be 200-400 marks higher in quadrant. I also tend to like the theme and buttons a bit better in IG as well.

I will continue to keep up with GR8's work, and will probably try his new stuff in the future, but this release just wasn't for me.

Great work however! Thanks for doing it!

Gr8gorilla

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
While I liked many of the features of the Gorilla Sense, I swapped back to Iced Glacier due to speed issues. Now, I'm not saying it is the rom that is slower, it most likely isn't. With that said, my benchmarks with Iced Glacier seem to be 200-400 marks higher in quadrant. I also tend to like the theme and buttons a bit better in IG as well.

I will continue to keep up with GR8's work, and will probably try his new stuff in the future, but this release just wasn't for me.

Great work however! Thanks for doing it!

Sure, No problem. To Each His Own. That is what choices are for. So you can find what you like and what fits. I hope something I do in the future will interest you.

Gr8gorilla

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
The ROM was updated with a fix for the wifi mac address.

As for Gingerbread, since this is a rom port and we don't have the actual HTC source code, we have to wait for HTC to update to gingerbread. It is not the same as building AOSP roms.

As soon as HTC leaks a Gingerbread build of NewSense you can bet I will port it!

PhilipJFry

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
The ROM was updated with a fix for the wifi mac address.

As for Gingerbread, since this is a rom port and we don't have the actual HTC source code, we have to wait for HTC to update to gingerbread. It is not the same as building AOSP roms. As soon as HTC leaks a Gingerbread build of NewSense you can bet I will port it!

Thank you very much for making the effort for creating all of this, and thanks for updating the ROM w/the WiFi MAC address problem. :D

I do look forward to seeing a Gingerbread build of NewSense, whenever HTC might release it, and I will be checking your blog for updates. :cool:

I do have to say that this was my first ROM I loaded after successfully rooting my first Android phone (MT4G), and although I did try out the Ice Glacier v1.1.6 I switched back to your ROM because I can't stand MySense - even though I was a good ROM in its own right.

The only quirk I've had w/your build is the WiFi issue I've been experiencing, so let me explain: With the stock build, I could turn WiFi on (and leave it checked / on), and when I moved out of range of a WiFi network it would automatically switch to the radio (HSPA, 3G, Edge) network. With this ROM/build, I've seen that I have to manually switch off WiFi should I move out of range of a wireless network to have the phone switch back to the radio network, and then turn WiFi back on when I want it to recognize available wireless networks.

Have you experienced this, or am I missing something / doing something incorrect?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Thank you very much for making the effort for creating all of this, and thanks for updating the ROM w/the WiFi MAC address problem. :D

I do look forward to seeing a Gingerbread build of NewSense, whenever HTC might release it, and I will be checking your blog for updates. :cool:

I do have to say that this was my first ROM I loaded after successfully rooting my first Android phone (MT4G), and although I did try out the Ice Glacier v1.1.6 I switched back to your ROM because I can't stand MySense - even though I was a good ROM in its own right.

The only quirk I've had w/your build is the WiFi issue I've been experiencing, so let me explain: With the stock build, I could turn WiFi on (and leave it checked / on), and when I moved out of range of a WiFi network it would automatically switch to the radio (HSPA, 3G, Edge) network. With this ROM/build, I've seen that I have to manually switch off WiFi should I move out of range of a wireless network to have the phone switch back to the radio network, and then turn WiFi back on when I want it to recognize available wireless networks.

Have you experienced this, or am I missing something / doing something incorrect?

Now that you mention it I've noticed the same thing. I honestly thought it was because I drove within range of another hotspot. Say from work to McDonald's. It says connecting the whole time, though. Then when I turn it off it's fine. And sometimes when I get back to work it won't automatically connect to the wifi network. And when I search for it it doesn't even find the network. Turn wifi off, then back on, and boom it's there again. Weird. I thought it was just my phone, honestly.

PhilipJFry

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Now that you mention it I've noticed the same thing. I honestly thought it was because I drove within range of another hotspot. Say from work to McDonald's. It says connecting the whole time, though. Then when I turn it off it's fine. And sometimes when I get back to work it won't automatically connect to the wifi network. And when I search for it it doesn't even find the network. Turn wifi off, then back on, and boom it's there again. Weird. I thought it was just my phone, honestly.

Thanks for confirming my "quirk", because I honestly thought it was just me and I was going bonkers. This is exactly what I'm experiencing - no automatic switch to and from wireless and radio networks. Hopefully, the Gr8Gorilla can replicate the issue and put in a fix to the trunk/build/ROM, because I seriously like his build.

PhilipJFry

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Looks as though he now has a new ROM out called MIUI ROM, which I'm going to check out. I tried CM7 nightly (v13) today and came away w/a resolution to wait until it hits an RC build, so I switched back to the Sense ROM in this post.

diznikkabcb

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
i love it, quick question though:

when my phone is not using the internet, it will show on the icon "3g", then when i click on anything that uses the internet it will show "H". After a few seconds later it goes back to 3g, am i the only one that is going thru this??:-\

PhilipJFry

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
i love it, quick question though: when my phone is not using the internet, it will show on the icon "3g", then when i click on anything that uses the internet it will show "H". After a few seconds later it goes back to 3g, am i the only one that is going thru this??:-\

Ah, yes. This has been asked many a time in many a forum; so, basically, it comes down to this: On a stock ROM, the "H" will be shown all the time - even when experiencing "3G" speeds because...well, marketing. If you don't know you're running 3G speeds and are shown the HSPA icon at all times, then you don't know what you're missing, in a sense.

In all actuality, the phone will run on the 3G speeds until you're downloading something or streaming video/music, when at that time you'll bump up to the higher bandwidth speeds to accommodate the higher throughput/demand. Just like your internet speeds, really. Just because you bought the 20MBps package doesn't mean you're running that speed constantly all the time - you'll peak at 18.6MBps - it just means you have enough bandwidth allocated to reach that top echelon of speed/throughput. Custom ROMs seem to reflect this line of reasoning, and show it in the icons in the status bar.

Reactions: diznikkabcb

underyourskyn

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I would like to know howto check my device step by step to make sure it's running best.. htc mt4g email..canofworm@yahoo.com...i once tried to login my school and it sent back a framework msg error ....anyone interested in letting me know wtf is the dealio....

here is what their server msg stated
e source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be shown when compiled in debug mode. To enable this, please follow one of the below steps, then request the URL: 1. Add a "Debug=true" directive at the top of the file that generated the error. Example: <%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %> or: 2) Add the following section to the configuration file of your application: <configuration> <system.web> <compilation debug="true"/> </system.web> </configuration> Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given application to be compiled in debug mode. The first technique will cause only that particular file to be compiled in debug mode. Important: Running applications in debug mode does incur a memory/ performance overhead. You should make sure that an application has debugging disabled before deploying into production scenario. Stack Trace: [ViewStateException: Invalid viewstate. Client IP: 208.54.14.43 Port: 52696 User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; myTouch4G Build/FRG83) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1 ViewState: / wEPDwUKMTQzMjc0MjY4Nw8QZGRkFgYCBQ8WAh4EVGV4dAVOPHRhYmxlIH N0eWxlPSJ3aWR0aDoxMDAlOyIgY2VsbHBhZGRpbmc9IjAiIGNlbGxzcGFjaW5n PSIwIiBib3JkZXI9IjAiPjx0cj48dGQ+ZAIGD2QWEAIVDxYCHwAFOzx0YWJsZSBpZ D0ibWFpbkxheW91dCIgY2VsbHBhZGRpbmc9IjAiIGNlbGxzcGFjaW5nPSIwIj48 dHI+ZAIXDxYCHwAFETx0ZCBpZD0ic2lkZUJhciI+ZAIbDxYCHwAFBTwvdGQ+ZAI dDxYCHwAFEjx0ZCBpZD0icG9ydGxldHMiPmQCHw8PFgIeB1Zpc2libGVoZGQCQ9kFgQCAw8UKwACFgIeE0VkaXRDdXN0b21Db250ZW50SUQyqQIAAQAAAP/ /// 8BAAAAAAAAAAwCAAAAUEplbnphYmFyLlBvcnRhbC5GcmFtZXdvcmssIFZlcnN pb249MC4wLjAuMCwgQ3VsdHVyZT1uZXV0cmFsLCBQdWJsaWNLZXlUb2tlbj1 udWxsBQEAAAAvSmVuemFiYXIuUG9ydGFsLkZyYW1ld29yay5EYXRhLk9iamVj dElkZW50aWZpZXICAAAACG1fR3VpZElECm1fU3RyaW5nSUQDAQtTeXN0ZW0 uR3VpZAIAAAAE/f/// wtTeXN0ZW0uR3VpZAsAAAACX2ECX2ICX2MCX2QCX2UCX2YCX2cCX2gCX2kC X2oCX2sAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAgHBwICAgICAgICPS1ZBOUCSk2tjs+dDnko+wYE AAA...] [HttpException (0x80004005): Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that <machineKey> configuration specifies the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster.] System.Web.UI.ViewStateException.ThrowError(Exception inner, String persistedState, String errorPageMessage, Boolean macValidationError) +106 System.Web.UI.ViewStateException.ThrowMacValidationError(Exception inner, String persistedState) +14 System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.Deserialize(String inputString) +237 System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.System.Web.UI.IStateFormatter.Deseri alize(String serializedState) +4 System.Web.UI.Util.DeserializeWithAssert(IStateFormatter formatter, String serializedState) +37 System.Web.UI.HiddenFieldPageStatePersister.Load() +207 System.Web.UI.Page.LoadPageStateFromPersistenceMedium() +105 System.Web.UI.Page.LoadAllState() +43 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +6785 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +242 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +80 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context) +21 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +49 ASP.default_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +4 System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecuti onStep.Execute() +181 System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75 Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3615; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3618

underyourskyn

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
e source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be shown when compiled in debug mode. To enable this, please follow one of the below steps, then request the URL: 1. Add a "Debug=true" directive at the top of the file that generated the error. Example: <%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %> or: 2) Add the following section to the configuration file of your application: <configuration> <system.web> <compilation debug="true"/> </system.web> </configuration> Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given application to be compiled in debug mode. The first technique will cause only that particular file to be compiled in debug mode. Important: Running applications in debug mode does incur a memory/ performance overhead. You should make sure that an application has debugging disabled before deploying into production scenario. Stack Trace: [ViewStateException: Invalid viewstate. Client IP: 208.54.14.43 Port: 52696 User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; myTouch4G Build/FRG83) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1 ViewState: / wEPDwUKMTQzMjc0MjY4Nw8QZGRkFgYCBQ8WAh4EVGV4dAVOPHRhYmxlIH N0eWxlPSJ3aWR0aDoxMDAlOyIgY2VsbHBhZGRpbmc9IjAiIGNlbGxzcGFjaW5n PSIwIiBib3JkZXI9IjAiPjx0cj48dGQ+ZAIGD2QWEAIVDxYCHwAFOzx0YWJsZSBpZ D0ibWFpbkxheW91dCIgY2VsbHBhZGRpbmc9IjAiIGNlbGxzcGFjaW5nPSIwIj48 dHI+ZAIXDxYCHwAFETx0ZCBpZD0ic2lkZUJhciI+ZAIbDxYCHwAFBTwvdGQ+ZAI dDxYCHwAFEjx0ZCBpZD0icG9ydGxldHMiPmQCHw8PFgIeB1Zpc2libGVoZGQCQ9kFgQCAw8UKwACFgIeE0VkaXRDdXN0b21Db250ZW50SUQyqQIAAQAAAP/ /// 8BAAAAAAAAAAwCAAAAUEplbnphYmFyLlBvcnRhbC5GcmFtZXdvcmssIFZlcnN pb249MC4wLjAuMCwgQ3VsdHVyZT1uZXV0cmFsLCBQdWJsaWNLZXlUb2tlbj1 udWxsBQEAAAAvSmVuemFiYXIuUG9ydGFsLkZyYW1ld29yay5EYXRhLk9iamVj dElkZW50aWZpZXICAAAACG1fR3VpZElECm1fU3RyaW5nSUQDAQtTeXN0ZW0 uR3VpZAIAAAAE/f/// wtTeXN0ZW0uR3VpZAsAAAACX2ECX2ICX2MCX2QCX2UCX2YCX2cCX2gCX2kC X2oCX2sAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAgHBwICAgICAgICPS1ZBOUCSk2tjs+dDnko+wYE AAA...] [HttpException (0x80004005): Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that <machineKey> configuration specifies the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster.] System.Web.UI.ViewStateException.ThrowError(Exception inner, String persistedState, String errorPageMessage, Boolean macValidationError) +106 System.Web.UI.ViewStateException.ThrowMacValidationError(Exception inner, String persistedState) +14 System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.Deserialize(String inputString) +237 System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.System.Web.UI.IStateFormatter.Deseri alize(String serializedState) +4 System.Web.UI.Util.DeserializeWithAssert(IStateFormatter formatter, String serializedState) +37 System.Web.UI.HiddenFieldPageStatePersister.Load() +207 System.Web.UI.Page.LoadPageStateFromPersistenceMedium() +105 System.Web.UI.Page.LoadAllState() +43 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +6785 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +242 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +80 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context) +21 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +49 ASP.default_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +4 System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecuti onStep.Execute() +181 System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75 Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3615; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3618